How Do You Remove The Front CV Axle?
I need some input on how to remove the front drivers CV axle, Everything is clear and I just cant get it to pop out. Ive replaced axles in many vehicles before and they usually pop right out with a good amount of prying.
Ive used a long pry bar, crowbar, and even a wide chisel hitting it with a dead blow hammer to try to get it out and no luck. Do Jeep machanics have a special wedge or pry tool to pop them out?
The new one has a C clip on the end just like every other axle I've seen and Ive never seen one fight so much to collapse the C clip and pop out.
If you have replaced your drivers side (left) front axle can you give me some input on how you removed it? Thanks.
Re: How Do You Remove The Front CV Axle?
I haven't torn mine out but here is what the service manual says:
1. With vehicle in neutral, position vehicle on hoist.
2. Remove half shaft hub/bearing nut.
3. Remove wheel speed sensor from hub/bearing.
4. Remove brake calipers bolts and remove calipers from caliper adapters.
5. Remove lower stabilizer link bolt from control arm.
6. Remove outer tie rod end nuts and separate tie rods from knuckles with Remover 8677.
7. Remove upper ball joint nuts and separate ball joints from knuckles with Remover 8677.
8. Remove shock clevis bolt and nut from lower control arm
9. Lean the knuckle out and push half shaft out of the
10. Pry half shafts from axle/axle tube with pry bar.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community