Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Turn signal in side mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/turn-signal-in-side-mirrors-12461.html)

mputnik 09-01-2010 04:53 PM

Turn signal in side mirrors

Ok, so my 2011 Laredo X does not have it, but I WANT IT! If I go and order a set of Limited side mirrors, with the turn signals built in, is the harness available in my Laredo door you think? Any ideas are welcome!

dubwarren 09-01-2010 05:43 PM

Re: Turn signal in side mirrors

i have the overland and if im not mistaken, mine dont blink when turning. am i missing something. i wouldve noticed if they did im sure....

Jim Hef 09-01-2010 05:59 PM

I think he means in the mirror part, like a Ford, and I don't think it does that on any model. There's a blinker at the base of the mirror that shows to the front.

darkrt 09-01-2010 06:34 PM

On my Limited, four leds across the bottom of the mirrors blink when turn signal is engaged. Its possible that there is a connector in that harness just waiting for that, not sure.

mputnik 09-01-2010 07:18 PM

guess there is only one way to find out!

Scottina06 09-01-2010 07:18 PM

I would bet that all is needed is the signal mirror. At the most...you may have to tp into the turn signal wire at the front headlight signal

J13ntv 09-01-2010 08:28 PM

If your able to follow the wire harness up to the mirror, check to see if there is more spots then wires in the connector or wires that aren't being used?

Jim Hef 09-01-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkrt (Post 261900)
On my Limited, four leds across the bottom of the mirrors blink when turn signal is engaged....

Interesting...do they blink all at once, or do they blink sequentially? And you do mean in the mirror glass, and not in the outside bottom of the housing?

Scottina06 09-02-2010 12:20 AM

they are on the outside bottom

mputnik 09-02-2010 09:41 AM

Scottina is right, it is the outside I'm referring to. I will go to the dealer today and see wha they have to say. based on my earlier comms with them I don't have high hopes...

Jim Hef 09-02-2010 10:10 AM

Just curious, but why do you want to add these to the mix? I guess it's a slight safety issue, but I see more value in the Ford stuff that shows the turn in the mirror for folks alongside you.

mputnik 09-02-2010 12:27 PM

well, I'm not sure about how exactly it looks on the GC, but on other cars the LED's can be spotted from the side, rear and from the front so the situational awareness increases dramatically for the folks around you.