Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Replacement for OEM mirrors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/replacement-for-oem-mirrors-12492.html)

soontobesrt 09-02-2010 03:33 PM

Replacement for OEM mirrors

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1702wt_1167

Anyone know anything about these? Are they decent, is it an easy swap and is there info on here about how to do it?

I had painted mirror covers but that failed and I didnt like fit so I want to get these done professionally and then swap em! what do you guys think, price seems fair :) Thanks in advance

Jim Hef 09-02-2010 03:43 PM

Re: Replacement for OEM mirrors

Seems fair? It's about 1/10 what the genuine product would cost! Although, buy them and see what you feel is okay when you receive them. If you don't like them, send them back.

soontobesrt 09-02-2010 03:52 PM

thats a possibility, I would like to see some input first, worst comes to worst i may be the guinea pig for these.

On ebay, Ive seen one mirror go for the same price + shipping though, so these must be really cheap or they've just got a way better business model and costs are down haha. I cant see spending much more than $175 for a set though so well see . . .

Scottina06 09-02-2010 04:27 PM

dont do it.....

go to car-part.com and buy some 08-10 overland/limited painted mirrors and have them paint matched. Thats what I did and I now have painted mirrors with auto dim and heat. I paid $100 for the set from LKQ..........

soontobesrt 09-02-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 262328)
dont do it.....

go to car-part.com and buy some 08-10 overland/limited painted mirrors and have them paint matched. Thats what I did and I now have painted mirrors with auto dim and heat. I paid $100 for the set from LKQ..........

hmm good call Scott, so go used painted you think? Anything wrong with used Laredo or they dont have autodim? I have OEM mirrors from whatever they put on at factory w/ no issues so I dont know if auto-dim is necessary, heat and power is obviously though? Im not gonna go ebay though, seems to cheap.

iJeep 09-02-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottina06 (Post 262328)
dont do it.....

Go to car-part.com and buy some 08-10 overland/limited painted mirrors and have them paint matched. Thats what i did and i now have painted mirrors with auto dim and heat. I paid $100 for the set from lkq..........

x2 + 10000000

NHWK05 09-02-2010 05:00 PM

I say dont do it either. For some reason the aftermarket cant make them with the memory or auto dim option. All ive ever seen is power heated. For us who have all the mirror bling its really hard to find OEM mirrors that do it all unless its new or from car-part.com.

iJeep 09-02-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 262356)
I say dont do it either. For some reason the aftermarket cant make them with the memory or auto dim option. All ive ever seen is power heated. For us who have all the mirror bling its really hard to find OEM mirrors that do it all unless its new or from car-part.com.

Not to mention wind noises that those aftermarket makes... They are CRAP!

soontobesrt 09-02-2010 05:32 PM

Yup on car part now

BUT GUYS, (sorry for caps lol) do any of them fit as long as its a mirror from 05 - '10? Im seeing tons of options Im looking to get all the goodies, just not sure if plastic or metal is better for paint? Opinions?

Scottina06 09-02-2010 06:17 PM

come on bro...get the painted ones.....for one...they are already painted and will be gravy for any shop to paint. The others will have to be smoothed, prepped etc. for paint.

Which mirror bases do you have now? meaning...does the upper molding stop at the mirror base or go under the base. You need the same base you have now...but if you can find any mirors witht he same base.......those upper door moldings are very cheap.

Robert Palmer 09-02-2010 06:39 PM

I've seen the plastic mirrors painted before. And I must say, it looks like shit. You have gone too far with your Jeep now to be cutting corners bro. Be official. :)

blackpepper 09-02-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 262328)
dont do it.....

I'm going to do this really soon.. great thread :D

Scott, remember when I got the OEM mirrors and I couldn't figure out the wiring.. well we found out that the new srt8 mirror didn't have the auto dim. http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...rrors+chrysler
I also lost my auto-tilt in reverse feature as well as my memory setting. So as long as it has the auto dim, I'll be able to retrieve those features?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 262391)

Which mirror bases do you have now? meaning...does the upper molding stop at the mirror base or go under the base. You need the same base you have now...but if you can find any mirors witht he same base.......those upper door moldings are very cheap.

When you bought your mirror, was the salvage yard able to differentiate between the two different mirrors? I know which mirror I have, and if I'm able to convey the difference to them, that'd be nice.