Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f143/)
-   -   Eibach lowering springs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f143/eibach-lowering-springs-12500.html)

SLVRLTNG 09-02-2010 05:38 PM

Eibach lowering springs

I ordered a set of Eibach's, they will be here tomorrow. I have searched and read many pages of threads both here and the "other" site. I am getting conflicting stories everywhere. I am looking for up to the minute info as far as (1) spacers, (2) bumpstops and (3) alignment.

is it best to use the kit as is or to use the stock spacers and bumpstops? As far as alignment goes I used jim's specs a few months ago but I don't believe they will work on a lowered rig. Also is seems there is no camber kit available.
only looking for info on these Eibach springs, no bwoody, RM or Atco springs please.

Thanks in advance, I will be taking it to my suspension guy next week hopefully....:thumbsup:

robpp 09-02-2010 05:46 PM

Re: Eibach lowering springs

eibach beleives they ship a good product. maybe you should start with what they recommend. IIRC, thats going to be a new bumpstop in the rear that replaces the original one......IIRC.

muellge 09-02-2010 05:48 PM

the provided cap with provided bumpstops WITHOUT THE BILLET SPACER is just fine. might need a M10 bolt of certain length to make it work. one that is much shorter than the thing that is sent - it is intended to work with the spacer, so might need a shorter set, but that works. You can sell your stocker springs with the bumpstops on this site to help offset costs. Shipping is about $35 bucks!

5280SRT8 09-02-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLVRLTNG (Post 262376)
I ordered a set of Eibach's, they will be here tomorrow. I have searched and read many pages of threads both here and the "other" site. I am getting conflicting stories everywhere. I am looking for up to the minute info as far as (1) spacers, (2) bumpstops and (3) alignment.

is it best to use the kit as is or to use the stock spacers and bumpstops? As far as alignment goes I used jim's specs a few months ago but I don't believe they will work on a lowered rig. Also is seems there is no camber kit available.
only looking for info on these Eibach springs, no bwoody, RM or Atco springs please.

Thanks in advance, I will be taking it to my suspension guy next week hopefully....:thumbsup:

I feel your pain man! Mine should be here Tuesday. Let me know how it goes!!!

DCSpecial 09-03-2010 01:22 PM

As mentioned don't install the big silver spacer that comes with the Eibachs.....just the cup and Eibach bumpstop.

SLVRLTNG 09-06-2010 12:15 PM

thanks for the replies, what are you doing for alignment specs after lowering?

DCSpecial 09-06-2010 06:37 PM

Maxed out camber adjustment.....which put me at like -0.7 to -0.8 or so.