Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2011 WK2 Prices Paid (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2011-wk2-prices-paid-12504.html)

DieselvRR 09-02-2010 08:55 PM

2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Did a search and didnt see this thread exist and thought it might help.

Ordered 2011 White V6 Overland w/ Quadra-Lift, Tow Package, and Roof Rack bars.

42,107 OTD

How well or not so well did the rest of you do?

Technosavant 09-02-2010 09:04 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Blackberry Pearl Overland, QL, 430N, towing package. Just under $40K. (Walmart employee purchase program- 1% under invoice.)

DieselvRR 09-02-2010 09:16 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 262461)
Blackberry Pearl Overland, QL, 430N, towing package. Just under $40K. (Walmart employee purchase program- 1% under invoice.)

awesome! is that OTD?

whatevrworks 09-02-2010 10:37 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
2011 WK2 ORDERED BLACK
LIMITED
4X4
5.7
CLASS IV TOW
730 RER MEDIA CENTER

MSRP 42,540 pluc tsx/tags

Paid:
39,240 PLUS TAX/TAGS

Would have been 39740.00 without 500 military rebate.

jpsmith 09-03-2010 07:56 AM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Laredo X, 5.7, towing package
Black exterior, gray leather interior
Trailer tow group IV
Media Center 430

MSRP: $39,185
Paid: $35,485

CougarCruiser 09-03-2010 07:58 AM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
It'd be interesting know that if you traded in something - what was it - and what did you get for it?

If they aren't making it on the front end of the sale - there's sure a bunch of ways to make up for that.

Sure is great that dealers are already dealing on a brand new model!

Technosavant 09-03-2010 08:53 AM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 262470)
awesome! is that OTD?

Yup.

CougarCruiser 09-03-2010 08:57 AM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
That's for a V6, right?


Affiliate rewards (same as WalMart program probably) - an Overland w/ hemi (2k) has a retail of 44,685. Affiliates price is just about 41,580.

Take off 2k for Hemi - add a little for towing - and 40k sounds just about right.

Technosavant 09-03-2010 01:27 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Yes, a V6. When I ordered, the tow package was not standard and that was the only thing (besides the paint) that we tacked on.

Now if they'd only ship it...

JoeSchmoe007 09-03-2010 02:56 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsmith (Post 262585)
Laredo X, 5.7, towing package
Black exterior, gray leather interior
Trailer tow group IV
Media Center 430

MSRP: $39,185
Paid: $35,485

Can you share your haggling technique :) ?

jpsmith 09-03-2010 03:29 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 262815)
Can you share your haggling technique :) ?

Sure, I'm super-shrewd. Here's what I did: I looked at local inventory on jeep.com for all the dealers within 50 miles of where I live. I saw that the all had their WK2s listed for MSRP. But there was one mom & pop dealer that had it listed as MSRP minus $3700 dealer discount. So I called them about it. The salesman explained to me that the $3700 includes $1000 in loyalty cash, but $2700 is in fact their dealer's discount. I was trading in a Jeep KJ, so I got the full $3700.

When I was there making the purchase, I had some time to talk to the salesman about the discounts they offer. He said that they do it to make the experience pleasant for customers because we're going to get to that price after haggling anyways. So of course I said, "Yeah, but this is a newly released model in high demand." He said that's true, but the owner feels it's worth it to treat customers right so they come back. It won't be a new model in high demand forever. He said when the '08 Challenger came out as a very limited run, they sold them for about $4500 below MSRP when other dealers were marking them up $10-15k. The felt there was no need to rip people off when the car would be going into full production soon.

JoeSchmoe007 09-03-2010 04:27 PM

Re: 2011 WK2 Prices Paid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsmith (Post 262822)
Sure, I'm super-shrewd. Here's what I did: I looked at local inventory on jeep.com for all the dealers within 50 miles of where I live. I saw that the all had their WK2s listed for MSRP. But there was one mom & pop dealer that had it listed as MSRP minus $3700 dealer discount. So I called them about it. The salesman explained to me that the $3700 includes $1000 in loyalty cash, but $2700 is in fact their dealer's discount. I was trading in a Jeep KJ, so I got the full $3700.

When I was there making the purchase, I had some time to talk to the salesman about the discounts they offer. He said that they do it to make the experience pleasant for customers because we're going to get to that price after haggling anyways. So of course I said, "Yeah, but this is a newly released model in high demand." He said that's true, but the owner feels it's worth it to treat customers right so they come back. It won't be a new model in high demand forever. He said when the '08 Challenger came out as a very limited run, they sold them for about $4500 below MSRP when other dealers were marking them up $10-15k. The felt there was no need to rip people off when the car would be going into full production soon.

So you didn't even haggle!

This seems to be $1,400 less than invoice (if priced out at Edmunds).

I've seen an article (http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/2011-cherokee.html - search for "Dealer invoices are" on that page) that dealers at this time can't afford to sell GC '11 for less than invoice. How come this can? Do you mind telling who the dealer is?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community