Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Fit and Finish issue with my new 2011 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/fit-and-finish-issue-with-my-new-2011-overland-12506.html)

kgrencer 09-02-2010 10:26 PM

Fit and Finish issue with my new 2011 Overland

Hey guys, I just had my front windows and windshield tinted today on my black overland. When cleaning the top of the dash after the job, I noticed that the leather towards the back is not staying glued down where it meets the plastic trim by the windshield. The area is right in front of the center panel where the speaker and eye sensor are. I can push it back down, but it pops back up after a few minutes. The area is about 10" long .

What would you guys do? Last thing I want is for the dealership to make it worse. Maybe it will lay flat after a few weeks in the Arizona sun?

whatevrworks 09-02-2010 10:41 PM

Re: Fit and Finish issue with my new 2011 Overland

First of all dont bring to dealer until your tint has dried. I just had mine done last week too , look great!, but seriously I brought another vehicle in for warranty right after having it done, even with stickers over the buttons they rolled down windows and screwed it up give it 7-10 days unlike the 3 that some tint shops say.

But after tint is dried bring it back in, that is unacceptable. They may not know what to do with it right now, and not have a fix but at least its documented in their system then and when the find the problem in other vehicles they will figure out a fix. Helps to protect you in case by time it is resolved your vehicle is out of warranty.

Marlin 09-02-2010 10:53 PM

^ what he said :)

Scottina06 09-02-2010 10:56 PM

maybe the tint shop did it?

GCOverland 09-02-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrencer (Post 262503)
but it pops back up after a few minutes.

On our MY06 WK Overland, there was a plastic piece of the center console in the passenger footwell that was constantly popping out as well...;)

J13ntv 09-02-2010 11:05 PM

Curious, what % did you tint the front windows, and what did you tint on the windsheild, the top 6 inches or whatever is legal??

whatevrworks 09-02-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 262519)
maybe the tint shop did it?

It sounds like he's talking about center of dash by windshield not many shops will touch windshield other than top 6-10 inches.

I did mine with ceramic 35% all around looks good over factory tint back is darker than front slightly due to combined factory/aftermarket. VA has a limit of 50 percent of front windows which is rediculous. All I can say there is an old saying "the tin will get you in..." or out....of tickets if you get the idea. :)

Jim Hef 09-03-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrencer (Post 262503)
...Maybe it will lay flat after a few weeks in the Arizona sun?

Back before leather conditioners were a normal routine, I had a Porsche with the full leather interior, that included the dash. That dash leather dried out and shrunk away from most of the panel joins. I would show this to the dealer to get him to readhere it so that your hot sun doesn't give a shrinkage spot in the center of the dash. Just a heads up, but the dealer needs to make it right, although, they may point to the tinting work as being the cause just to cover their ass.

kgrencer 09-03-2010 12:06 PM

Thanks guys. The area is at the front of the plastic trim, not the back which is closest to the windshield. Cant see how that could have been from tint shop, especially since I was watching the guy.
Oh yeah, and the whole windshield is tinted :) looks killer.

15% on drivers and passengers
35% on windshield

dubwarren 09-03-2010 12:07 PM

can i get some pics of the tint job kgrencer? I'm thinking about tinting mine but would like to see how it looks before taking the leap.

J13ntv 09-03-2010 12:09 PM

Yea post a picture! You got 35% on the whole windshield, thats crazy! lol Probably does look sick though.

Jim Hef 09-03-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 262706)
...You got 35% on the whole windshield, thats crazy!....

Yeah, AZ must have some different laws, and must not need to see well at night???? :eek: