Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Gotta fix this (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/gotta-fix-this-12542.html)

BLACK DOG 09-04-2010 04:37 AM

Gotta fix this

2 Attachment(s)
I've just put on SRT wheels & tires, now i need to drop around 3" will stock SRT spring & WK Blistines get me there? Plan on adding SRT Sways and dropping links for Bwoodies but which ones for WK to SRT Springs ? :confused:
I also noticed on test drive I now have a bit of bump steer going on, with only change being wheels & tires, noticeably stuck better in corners,not as "Mushy" feeling. TPS linked up in less than 5 miles...no code:thumbsup:

06HemiLtd 09-04-2010 05:49 AM

Re: Gotta fix this

i think they look great. those tires are huge. i've never looked into drops so i can't help you with which drop to go with. great looking ride though.

Scottina06 09-04-2010 05:58 AM

the stock SRT springs will never get ya 3"...in fact there arent any drop springs that will net 3". The most you'l get are the Bwoody springs for the SRT......about 2.5-2.75". But I highly recommend new shocks/struts with those too.
For the endlinks...you'll need the non-srt links from Bwoody

BLACK DOG 09-04-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 262994)
the stock SRT springs will never get ya 3"...in fact there arent any drop springs that will net 3". The most you'l get are the Bwoody springs for the SRT......about 2.5-2.75". But I highly recommend new shocks/struts with those too.
For the endlinks...you'll need the non-srt links from Bwoody

Thanks Scotty,
I'm not quite sure how low I can go as the ramp to my driveway is up 8"and 45 degree angle, probly I'll have fix that when I put the srt front facia on...only the dog likes to have her chin scratched...
I think my jeep is a little higher because of the tow option, I've priced the bars, bushings and brackets $468. but I was told I need a vin# to order SRT springs..
are the Bwoodie SRT links different mounts because of the different axel?
What are stock tire pressures for SRT?

Megatron 09-04-2010 08:17 AM

Nice shoes, can I borrow them for my jeep? LOL :clap:

Scottina06 09-04-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK DOG (Post 263008)
Thanks Scotty,
I'm bot quite sure how low I can go as the ramp to my driveway is up 8"and 45 degree angle, probly I'll have fix that when I put the srt front facia on...only the dog likes to have her chin scratched...
I think my jeep is a little higher because of the tow option, I've priced the bars, bushings and brackets $468. but I was told I need a vin# to order SRT springs..
are the Bwoodie SRT links different mounts because of the different axel?
What are stock tire pressures for SRT?

justforjeeps has the stock srt springs listed...but I would just get some used ones from an SRT member here for probably 1/3rd the price.
The SRT links do mount different but its becasue of one suspension componet and those componets are very expensive. Its a triangular mount that is like $180.
stock tire pressures are 33 front and 35 rear...I think.....or may 35 and 38????LOL. I keep mine at 33 and 35

BLACK DOG 09-04-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 263026)
justforjeeps has the stock srt springs listed...but I would just get some used ones from an SRT member here for probably 1/3rd the price.
The SRT links do mount different but its becasue of one suspension componet and those componets are very expensive. Its a triangular mount that is like $180.
stock tire pressures are 33 front and 35 rear...I think.....or may 35 and 38????LOL. I keep mine at 33 and 35

Thanks Scotty :thumbsup:

Scottina06 09-04-2010 01:27 PM

sure

BLACK DOG 09-04-2010 03:57 PM

Lookin' at H&R and Bilstein's HD now, while listening to Jimi Hendrox's Voodo Child, $610.@Tirerack shipped. Oh well there will be more in the account next thursday..:rolleyes: ;)

BLACK DOG 09-05-2010 12:08 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Scotty,
I guess I'm a Blockhead,Too much Loud Hendrix I guess. Here are some better pix of where I'm at. I am 5" between top of tire and lower lip of fender in front and 7" at rear. If I put the new H&R sport springs on the Jeep surely they will drop this more than 1.3" F & 1.2" R (not including +3/8" for WK Bilsteins) see Attachment. I would like to see the gap reduced by about 50% ie; down 2.5" front & 3" rear, isn't that about OEM SRT Hight ? (can't wait for used parts)
I posted some more pix of the WK in my albums

Scottina06 09-05-2010 06:04 AM

nah...the SRT is only about an inch lower than the WK. If you want 2.5"...go with the Bwoodys or eibachs. The Bwoodys are lower in the rear than the eibachs. You will sacrifice some ride quality with either of those springs...but the handling is awesome!

BLACK DOG 09-05-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 263287)
nah...the SRT is only about an inch lower than the WK. If you want 2.5"...go with the Bwoodys or eibachs. The Bwoodys are lower in the rear than the eibachs. You will sacrifice some ride quality with either of those springs...but the handling is awesome!

I think my Jeep is at least an inch higher than stock WK because of the tow pkg.IDK I like the new ride with only the wheel & tire change, I just want to be sure I get the right parts the first time around. i should probly slow down on the mods for a bit, i've only been a member here for a month and a half and I aready have a major bug on :rolleyes: I'll keep looking around for now and rethink on this some more. So many mods, So little money...But there is Always Plastic.:lol: