Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Dreams crushed (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dreams-crushed-12561.html)

bozer 09-04-2010 07:46 PM

Dreams crushed

I went to a dealership today hoping to get the last Overland in my area. Turns out the Overland they had was being driven by owner of dealership and had 2500 miles on it. They wanted 43K for it and wouldn't budge because I guess the owner knows the demand is high. I could have just ordered one, but now I figure I might as well wait until October for the nappa brown leather I want.

Not sure if salesmen was lieing or not but it appeared that they couldnt even place orders on them anymore. I'm guessing if I wait until October its might not be ready until 2012 =(

I test drove the V8 at least, and damn its nice. Had no Quadra Lift and the garmin navigation. I really hope they ramp up production because its looking like there will be an Overland drought for quite some time.

Marlon_JB2 09-04-2010 07:49 PM

Re: Dreams crushed

Production has been ramped up. :) There's not many more that can be pushed out per day.... unless they add a 3rd shift which I do not believe will be necessary. Sad part about it is that we're still behind. Oh and then there's the Durango coming soon.

So.... gotta play the waiting game. I'd personally wait for those seats. They are just so nice, and comfortable. :) And they feel good too. This is just what I've heard from someone.... I haven't personally sat in them.

J13ntv 09-04-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozer (Post 263198)
I went to a dealership today hoping to get the last Overland in my area. Turns out the Overland they had was being driven by owner of dealership and had 2500 miles on it. They wanted 43K for it and wouldn't budge because I guess the owner knows the demand is high. I could have just ordered one, but now I figure I might as well wait until October for the nappa brown leather I want.

Not sure if salesmen was lieing or not but it appeared that they couldnt even place orders on them anymore. I'm guessing if I wait until October its might not be ready until 2012 =(

I test drove the V8 at least, and damn its nice. Had no Quadra Lift and the garmin navigation. I really hope they ramp up production because its looking like there will be an Overland drought for quite some time.

Are you talking about the Saddle color??

mangoe 09-04-2010 09:04 PM

Don't worry good things come to those who wait,because you wait you will get a fully loaded Jeep Overland,with radar cruise control,blind spot monitor,you might even get the sexy Overland summit edition which should be coming out very soon.

Knightrider03m 09-04-2010 10:18 PM

Que?

I thought that if the car is a demo, dealerships have to give you a discount on it. Can anyone add to this?

Jim Hef 09-04-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 263222)
...you might even get the sexy Overland summit edition which should be coming out very soon.

How can you call a model sexy when no specs or details have been set for this. There's just a mention that it may happen! :confused:

Spoon 09-04-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 263236)
How can you call a model sexy when no specs or details have been set for this. There's just a mention that it may happen! :confused:

LET US DREAM DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

:joke:

soontobesrt 09-04-2010 10:57 PM

trust me, from everything I've heard/seen and also my gut instinct, if you wait you will be rewarded. Good things are coming for all Jeep fanatics! :)

Marlon_JB2 09-05-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 263232)
Que?

I thought that if the car is a demo, dealerships have to give you a discount on it. Can anyone add to this?

They don't HAVE to (legally), as long as it has NEVER been titled, it's considered a NEW vehicle. Dealerships do this simply to get them out the door, considering they used them.

Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here..... don't mind admitting it. ;)

mangoe 09-05-2010 02:07 AM

Yes! LET US DREAM DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

I will wait for my wide ass jeep, to match my wide ass American woman,to give me endless pleasure, it is the American way.

Milous 09-05-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 263274)
They don't HAVE to (legally), as long as it has NEVER been titled, it's considered a NEW vehicle. Dealerships do this simply to get them out the door, considering they used them.

Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here..... don't mind admitting it. ;)

Yes, you are correct in that a vehicle is considered NEW if it's never been titled.

Knightrider03m, dealers are free to set their own prices whether a vehicle is new or used, just like any other commodity. In situations where a dealer has only one vehicle of a new model they will often add a hefty premium as they are not eager to sell it - they want to use it to sell off of until more inventory arrives. A classic example of this was when the Challenger was launched a couple years ago, most dealers only got one or two initially and were adding premiums of up to $20k. The first Challenger I saw at a local dealer had a sticker price of $69,999! Believe it or not, there were some "suckers" out there who paid up to $20k premiums!

bozer, no worries, inventory numbers will improve. If you had bought that Overland it would have been a mistake you would have regretted - as proven by your statement "for the nappa brown leather I want". Decades ago, when I bought my first new vehicle I was in a hurry and bought one of the lot - one without A/C. After a 2500 mile trip which included travelling through California at the peak of summer I heavily regretted the decision for several years.

I've bought quite a few new vehicles since those days and if I couldn't find one on the lot that had 100.0% of the features I wanted I special ordered it and waited. Back then it was almost impossible to find something on the lot with even close to the amount of features one wanted. Just about every single feature was an option. Stuff like cruise control, intermittent wipers, power windows, power locks, power seats, power windows, tinted glass, body side moldings, tilt steering wheel, heavy-duty battery, and even a rear defroster were all optional!

Yeah the wait was long at times, but time flew right by and when the vehicle arrived I "thanked myself" (lol) for having the patience to have waited because I got exactly what I wanted - with zero regrets. The WORST mistake you can make when buying a new vehicle is to be in a hurry, especially when settling for something that is not exactly what you want.

bozer 09-05-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 263276)
Yes! LET US DREAM DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

I will wait for my wide ass jeep, to match my wide ass American woman,to give me endless pleasure, it is the American way.

As I read that the the star spangled banned music was playing