Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Would you change/redo anything (For the people who have a 2011) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/would-you-change-redo-anything-for-the-people-who-have-a-2011-a-12564.html)

J13ntv 09-04-2010 09:50 PM

Would you change/redo anything (For the people who have a 2011)

For the people who currently drive/taken delivery of a new 2011, is there anything you'd wish you had done and didn't, or wish you chose something else instead of what you did?

For example.. Going with 430N instead of 730N or getting Blackberry instead of Black or Black interior instead of Beige or waiting for Saddle.. Stepping up to the Limited when you got the X. Stuff like that.. Options/Colors etc

Most people seem to love the new vehicles... Just curious if anyone out there wishes they did something else when they bought/ordered now that they have had the vehicle for a few weeks/months.

Spoon 09-04-2010 10:37 PM

Re: Would you change/redo anything (For the people who have a 2011)

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 263229)
For the people who currently drive/taken delivery of a new 2011, is there anything you'd wish you had done and didn't, or wish you chose something else instead of what you did?

For example.. Going with 430N instead of 730N or getting Blackberry instead of Black or Black interior instead of Beige or waiting for Saddle.. Stepping up to the Limited when you got the X. Stuff like that.. Options/Colors etc

Most people seem to love the new vehicles... Just curious if anyone out there wishes they did something else when they bought/ordered now that they have had the vehicle for a few weeks/months.

:thumbsup: Good thread!

soontobesrt 09-04-2010 11:25 PM

bump, also maybe add in if there is anything not offered or offered that need refinement? i wanna hear some criticism for Jeep and some things they overlooked, just curious, thats all - big meeting coming up in few days so lets get some thoughts together :)

J13ntv 09-04-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 263258)
bump, also maybe add in if there is anything not offered or offered that need refinement? i wanna hear some criticism for Jeep and some things they overlooked, just curious, thats all - big meeting coming up in few days so lets get some thoughts together :)

I know theres a few 11 owners driving around now..

whatevrworks 09-05-2010 04:54 AM

I would have gotten the luxury II package with the power liftgate and the cooled seats. Other than that I have everything except for the skid plates pretty much.

Just personal opinion but I did not get overland because I dont really like the wood accents and the limited has enough of them as it is. I am definitely glad I got the 730 media, I put in the lockpick the other day and my wife loves to be able to watch dvds now on trips. Also I am glad I got the hemi, after driving it for awhile there is no comparison to the v6.

Steeler 09-05-2010 08:02 AM

I kinda wished that I got an Overland. Problem was at the time I bought there were very few around. The ones that were around either, the dealer didn't want to sell (go figure), or they thought it was gold (Seaview Motors). But very happy with our Limited. Jeep did a great job.

\\WK2// 09-05-2010 10:32 AM

I would change the design of the 17" wheels that come on the base model, but I guess they make them basic so that you bump up to the Limited or Overland. I would also offer a better off-road package that includes AT tires, although that might screw up the ride...

I see the pros and cons of the battery placement, but I'm still not sold on it being located under the seat.

Maybe change the gearing on the V6. The gears seem a little tall and the engine tends to fall flat at low speeds.

I'm going to do a little off road trip in the coming weeks and will report back how the V6 performs in the mountains at 11,000 feet. I'm hoping to be able to play with the Hill Desent Control and Selec-Terrain.

Oh yeah... Include a cargo liner with purchase.

Scottina06 09-05-2010 11:13 AM

IMO...they should rethink the black plastic fender trims.....

chibianh 09-05-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by \\WK2// (Post 263338)
I'm going to do a little off road trip in the coming weeks and will report back how the V6 performs in the mountains at 11,000 feet. I'm hoping to be able to play with the Hill Desent Control and Selec-Terrain.

What part of Colorado are you from? Maybe we can get a little JG.org trail run together one of these days :)

Spoon 09-05-2010 11:58 AM

Ok lets hear some more about things you would have done differently, I'm sure there are others who can chime in here! :)

dubwarren 09-05-2010 01:16 PM

i just wish my overland came with quadra lift. It isnt something I wouldve used very often if at all but still wish it was there anyways...just to play with a little...other than that, this is my dream car. i love it. the last few jeeps ive had i took less than what i wanted because of price, this time i went for the top of the line, and i'm GLAD i did. After every jeep purchase, a few weeks would pass and i would think to myself, why didnt i get this option or that option. this time i got them all (except QL) But i wont be going off road at all so i can handle no QL. You only live once, go after what you want!!!

Scottina06 09-05-2010 02:07 PM

I wouldnt have the ql for lifting...but for sport mode. I hear the overland handles/performs better in sport mode and tow/haul.