Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do the WK2 mirrors drop 'down' in reverse? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-the-wk2-mirrors-drop-down-in-reverse-12568.html)

CougarCruiser 09-05-2010 09:31 AM

Do the WK2 mirrors drop 'down' in reverse?

If my 2010 WK does this, I haven't figured out how.

When you put the car in reverse, having the mirror angle tilt down (to see parking lot stripes) is a feature that I have enjoyed in other vehicles.

I don't think the WK has a setting to do this - or at least I haven't found it.

Does the WK2 have this feature?

J13ntv 09-05-2010 09:38 AM

Re: Do the WK2 mirrors drop 'down' in reverse?

I read on the forums they do... One thing that was advertised but then switched was also power folding (to fold in) mirrors but they were preproduction only and never made it into production however read that yes the mirrors angle down when in reverse.. to take a quote from another thread "they tilt down and in so you dont hit anything in reverse in your blind spots. "

HEMInator 09-05-2010 09:48 AM

First Post

Hopefully my first post on this site helps you all out. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X2 Crew Cab and in order to turn on the reverse mirror tilt down function you need to go into the EVIC and turn "on" this feature so just scroll through the options and you'll see it.

Jason

Steeler 09-05-2010 10:21 AM

Re: First Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMInator (Post 263325)
Hopefully my first post on this site helps you all out. I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X2 Crew Cab and in order to turn on the reverse mirror tilt down function you need to go into the EVIC and turn "on" this feature so just scroll through the options and you'll see it.

Jason

Same with the 2011 Grand Cherokee.

dubwarren 09-05-2010 01:23 PM

my overland has the tilt down in reverse option. very cool.

GR33N D3M0N 09-05-2010 01:41 PM

the Wk has that option i believe, depending on what type of mirror u have tho...u have to get it activated at the dealership through a starscan tool...i believe

dubwarren 09-05-2010 04:01 PM

woops, i thought we were talking 11's. sorry.

Technosavant 09-05-2010 04:05 PM

On my wife's Acura, it is activated simply by leaving the switch on the mirror aiming panel set to the mirror you want to drop. Leave it on left if you want the left, right for right, and middle if none. Seems a bit easier than trolling through the EVIC, but then again, it isn't exactly a feature you dink with all the time.

But with the rear view camera, it's less of a deal.

GR33N D3M0N 09-05-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 263446)
woops, i thought we were talking 11's. sorry.

we are...the op wasnt sure if his '10 had this feature or not...sorry for the confusion

jhilyer 09-06-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 263379)
my overland has the tilt down in reverse option. very cool.

My Saab has it but I always felt like the constant moving everytime you reverse would cause too much wear and tear. I thought the mirrors were maybe not made for continuos duty like that. I did turn it on sometimes to avoid rubbing the curbs while parallel parking though, it was just a switch below the mirror control so it was no big deal. Going through the EVIC every time would be a pain though.

BLACK DOG 09-06-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 263381)
the Wk has that option i believe, depending on what type of mirror u have tho...u have to get it activated at the dealership through a starscan tool...i believe

When did they start that option on the WK, thats a cool feature, :rolleyes:Probly 08

HEMInator 09-06-2010 05:31 PM

You only need to turn it "on" once

You don't need to turn the feature on every time in the EVIC. I figured it would work the same in the 2011 JGC as it does in my 2009 Ram and I just tested it yesterday. I test drove an Overland and Limited and both had the feature (not sure about the Laredo or Laredo X package). Simply go to "Settings" on the EVIC menu and scroll down turning on the Reverse Tilt Mirror function. It will place a check mark by it. Now it's on for good so everytime you go in reverse your mirrors will tilt down automatically.

Jason