Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ordering (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ordering-12581.html)

Angel 09-05-2010 09:11 PM

Ordering

It is probably not worth to open a new thread for this question, so I apologize upfront.

This question goes to all of you who odered a WK2. How does that work, do you need to pay the whole prize when ordering the car or just an initial payment (how much???) and then the rest when the car is ready for being picked up at the dealer?

Technosavant 09-05-2010 09:58 PM

Re: Ordering

Usually you just pay a deposit, not the whole amount.

My dealer told me that usually the deposit is $200 and non-refundable, but due to the demand for the 2011 models, it was only $100 and was indeed refundable (it isn't like a Sebring; if I decide I don't want it when it shows up they'll have no problem selling it, and on top of that it goes through as a customer paid order, not one for dealer stock).

Exact amounts of the deposit and whether it's for "keepsies" will likely depend on the dealer, but I sure would not expect you'd be looking at more than $200. You could try checking with some local dealers regarding their policies.

DavidB 09-06-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 263600)
Usually you just pay a deposit, not the whole amount.

My dealer told me that usually the deposit is $200 and non-refundable, but due to the demand for the 2011 models, it was only $100 and was indeed refundable (it isn't like a Sebring; if I decide I don't want it when it shows up they'll have no problem selling it, and on top of that it goes through as a customer paid order, not one for dealer stock).

Exact amounts of the deposit and whether it's for "keepsies" will likely depend on the dealer, but I sure would not expect you'd be looking at more than $200. You could try checking with some local dealers regarding their policies.

Not a dime. I have never placed a deposit on any vehicle that I have ordered and I have ordered anything from a Trans Am to an Escalade.

Jeeters 09-06-2010 07:49 AM

Yeah, last two vehicles I bought were both factory orders (I'm of the attitude that if I'm paying several 10's of thousands of dollars for something, then it's going to have every option I want, and no option that I don't want). Ford and Jeep. You should just need to pay a "good faith" deposit of a few hundred dollars.

J13ntv 09-06-2010 07:55 AM

Mine was a thousand. However it was never cashed just sitting in a folder. I suppose when it comes in I'll get it back. I was told 9/10 it's refundable even if you order a vehicle then change your mind as long as they can sell it and you didnt order some extra special option.

chibianh 09-06-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 263739)
Mine was a thousand. However it was never cashed just sitting in a folder. I suppose when it comes in I'll get it back. I was told 9/10 it's refundable even if you order a vehicle then change your mind as long as they can sell it and you didnt order some extra special option.

My deposit was $500, but like you, they haven't cashed it yet and it's fully refundable if I decide not to get the vehicle.

whatevrworks 09-06-2010 07:40 PM

I gave a check for 500 but they never cashed and gave back to me when we signed papers when vehicle was delivered.

earf45 09-07-2010 06:59 PM

I put $500 down to secure it

chrobird 09-07-2010 09:09 PM

I was supposed to put $500 down so I gave them my CC. they screwed up and only charged me $100 so i was happy. Ordered yesterday...waiting game time

unibrain 09-08-2010 07:35 AM

$500 refundable desposit here