Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

08Hemi's Ride aka "Jill"

32K views 267 replies 34 participants last post by  blackpepper 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have not started one yet...so here it goes. My Jeep is a girl, and her name is Jill. I love her :lol: as she is my first out-right vehicle purchase. *********** fawkers!!!!

Main reason I am starting this thread: I just bought HRE's and I am going to build a little anticipation (for those who care, mainly me haha) for the reveal, which should happen Tuesday 9/14 :) Pirelli Scorpion tires, which used to come stock on the Rovers but IDK hopefully I will like them! wheels are 20x9 and 20x10 with f265/45 and r295/40...should give it a nice stance:thumbsup:

HRE's

The ride

pre lower grill and Overland insert

Here is a PS of what it will look like :D:D

See less See more
#116 ·
Ha I appreciate the offer then.. I hope you have Patriot parking.....

Sent from my fingers with a 'fawk you' :D :slapfight:

#121 ·
I couldn't agree more...trust me the wk2 ride/drive is amazing, BUT I totally felt dis-engaged from the experience and missed the RAW factor of my WK...interior is by far the biggest upgrade as I would trade my interior for the WK2's any day...the technology and fit/finish is also superior, but again to me I love the raw-factor you can get from less technology and worse construction :lol:

#120 ·
I will be doing my first mods in over 8 months!!! I bought some 3157 CK LED bulbs from Rob (THANKS!!), billet door locks and bezels from Jon (THANKS!!) and an SRT8 shifter from James (THANKS!!)...

I get my cast off from ankle surgery today and will be doing the installs this week...FINALLY I have the mod bug again, I need to keep up with Coop

#127 ·
Mod that beech!

I have plans, too. Gotta get the paint looking right again, and I needs more black on the outside. I like your idea about the braided hoses, gotta look into that.

As for wheels n waves, I need to make my reservation at the Lemon Tree..!!

#128 ·
Install time...put an led in the rear tail gate. Now I need to put these LEDs in the tails and install the billet door locks...I am having a hard time removing the pins. Any tips? Also, I thought these 3157ck LEDs would be plug and play but when I put them in they had a glow and wouldnt light up properly...anyone put these in an 08 wk?

#129 ·
Install time...put an led in the rear tail gate. Now I need to put these LEDs in the tails and install the billet door locks...I am having a hard time removing the pins. Any tips? Also, I thought these 3157ck LEDs would be plug and play but when I put them in they had a glow and wouldnt light up properly...anyone put these in an 08 wk?
the pins are a pain to remove. if you don't mind damaging them then take a pair of channel locks to them. if you want to try and preserve them you can try what i did, i used a towel between the pins and the channel locks.

as for the bulbs are those turn signal bulbs or reverse bulbs? if reverse you shouldn't need any resistors. if turn signals then maybe check the wiring of the resistors or try flipping the bulbs...

#130 ·
#131 ·
:joe: V-LEDS :joe:

#133 ·
V-LEDs FTMFW

Thanks coop...I am super pumped...I have the mod bug back, I really missed it haha! I forgot how much fun it is spending money on parts and installing them yourself and taking a step back an enjoying your creation!! You have been on a roll lately I need to keep up...kinda ha

#134 ·
I get ants in my paints waiting for the mail.

#137 ·
Nice!

#139 ·
Thanks guys...gotta dress her up, especially since she is a street queen unlike your two rigs!

Jason - those spacers really added a good look to the stance...I was very surprised it was as noticeable as it was.

Now I have to do the TB ground mod...need to go to the auto parts store and get some ring wire terminals...I'm going to run mine towards the battery as inconspicuous as possible ;)

#140 ·
Same here, i was surprised - spacer mod worth every penny, but shipping sucks :p Get on this TB bandwagon - it's schweet :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.