Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

08Hemi's Ride aka "Jill"

32K views 267 replies 34 participants last post by  blackpepper 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I have not started one yet...so here it goes. My Jeep is a girl, and her name is Jill. I love her :lol: as she is my first out-right vehicle purchase. *********** fawkers!!!!

Main reason I am starting this thread: I just bought HRE's and I am going to build a little anticipation (for those who care, mainly me haha) for the reveal, which should happen Tuesday 9/14 :) Pirelli Scorpion tires, which used to come stock on the Rovers but IDK hopefully I will like them! wheels are 20x9 and 20x10 with f265/45 and r295/40...should give it a nice stance:thumbsup:

HRE's

The ride

pre lower grill and Overland insert

Here is a PS of what it will look like :D:D

See less See more
#142 ·
Those license plate lights look good. Where did you get those from?

#144 · (Edited)
I will take a look when i get home...they are def v-leds but I cannot remember which ones as I have changes them out 3 times haha...check back tonight

Still looking smoove B-rad.

(this is father paul btw) lol
Why thank you Father...for the kind comment and the perfection that you have given me with the Kobe System HAHA :thumbsup:

#145 ·
Walk-around look cool man - lots of nice matching light, but need MOAR :p

#151 · (Edited)
U want MOAR? K let me put some MOAR in this weekend 9I have my CAN BUS LED's coming today or tomorrow :))

Yeah. Mine rattle too. Especially since I have knobby mud tires. One way to fix it is to put the plastic bezels back in.

I don't really care because they don't rattle when the doors are locked.

Good Call...thanks! I will just lock them...how tight did you tighten them? I am also thinking I need to get the towel/channel locks on there to see if it helps at all

Lookin good B-Radical

Thanks Gregums!

#146 ·
I was being a smart ass. I thought I gave you those. I gave you the lift gate LEDs. My bad. Lol.

#149 ·
Yeah. Mine rattle too. Especially since I have knobby mud tires. One way to fix it is to put the plastic bezels back in.

I don't really care because they don't rattle when the doors are locked.

#155 ·
Jill is one sexy beeyatch!

Man may needs to come faster. Im so stoked on the show this year!!! I kinda wanna bring my pups but that'd be too much since I wanna repeat our night time state street shenanigans!! Haha
DTown shenanigans FO SHO! HAHA that was awesome last year...I will work on bottle service for us at Sandbar :)

Lookin fresh and clean bro!
Thanks Joe! Feels great to be modding her again. Now that I decided to keep her for another 2 years I am going to town again :thumbsup:

#153 ·
I just screwed the pins down until they would turn anymore.

#156 ·
When you get those CANBUS LEDs, let us know if they eliminate the GLOW.

#158 ·
Damn, i'm lovin the VLED lights :) Hope they work out! :thumbsup:

#160 · (Edited)
Did the TB ground mod today...wow what a difference...amazing how something so simple can give that increased throttle response. Very pleased...used 10 gauge monster cable, O ring crimp connectors and techflexed the wiring, also used loom right by the TB so it blends in

I used the existing ground by the battery

I love techflex!!

#161 ·
Is the TB ground mod affective for 05 & 06?

#163 · (Edited)
Do you have an electronic TB? If so I wouldnt see why it's not worth a shot...I know it was good on Coops 07. It would take 3 mins to fab something up and u could test it...and if it worked well then you could clean up the wiring. I'm goin to be doing the CAN BUS LEDs in the morning tomorrow, keep u posted

Nice work!!
Thanks bro...great idea thanks for posting it up! It worked well on your 06 so that's a good sign

#162 ·
Nice work!!

#164 ·
So I installed one CAN BUS led tonight in the passenger foot well (the only stock interior bulb I had left) and it eliminated the glow :) super stoked...going to install a couple more to even it out but for those of you wondering, if u put one in it gets rid of the glow...at least for me ;)

#165 ·
Thanks man.

#167 ·
Which 921's do you have have? I might need those depending on which ones they are.

#171 ·
K here is what I have...the bulb that is sitting out is a single, the other two are pairs. Sorry they are 194's thought they were 921's...but these will work in the footwells, rear cargo ( though u wouldnt need that as u have the bad boy in the rear) and glove box iirc...u could even put these in above the rear passengers, though IMO flank style bulbs make more sense there. PM me with your address and I'll send u whatever u need.

#168 ·
I will send u an inventory tomorrow :)

Here are the bulbs I put in the footwells...at first I had one CAN BUS led in and it eliminated the glow, but it was a 4 led bulb so it was much brighter than the drivers side...installed them both and still no glow!!!

With no flash

#170 · (Edited)
Thanks coop!!

Didn't have a chance to do inventory on the LEDs...will send u a pm tomorrow.

Here is one of the four pieces going to frank at jnl :) can't wait to get rid of the faux wood. I bought a new dash nav bezel, shifter bezel and drivers window bezel from Cleveland pick a part (couldn't find an 08+ passenger bezel in good shape so I am shipping my stock one out) so I will have those three stockers to maybe do in a different color ;) super pumped

Will it be a problem if I drive with the passenger bezel off for a week or two? Should I cover the hole and or tape the switch? Doesn't seem like it will be an issue but thought I'd double check

#172 ·
if you have and extra glove box bulb or if he isn't interested, i could use one (it's the only interior bulb i haven't replaced with led)...pm me if it's available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.