Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Retractable front plate - didnt like the look (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/retractable-front-plate-didnt-like-the-look-12597.html)

SRTILL8 09-06-2010 10:08 AM

Retractable front plate - didnt like the look

yeah so i got to installing my retractable ffront plate over the past week and i must say very disapointed...

not as in operation or flaws or etc... it just didnt look good- at least for my eyes.

it didnt take long to install either, roughly 30 minutes due to making your own hanger bracket and drilling two small holes on the upper lip (hidden along the top of the lower grille)

i mean when the plate is up it looks great..just when its laid back to flat and tucked away it clutter to the lines of the front. i got it supported as close as rad-gills as i could and still the tracks front end pokes out like a kid in grade school looking at a hot girl- lol all pun- hehhe

anyways it didnt take more than 10 minutes staring at it from all angles to decide this front retractable plate isnt for me. at least not this one though. maybe theres another one with a shorter track out there so it wont clutter the front lips "flush'ness" <<haha i said flushness

anyways i snapped pics all throughout the install for a how to- but my main computer is kicking the ill shiot and is dead right now so itll have to wait until i get a new computer tomorrow to upload the and pics.

i will say im picky about most things so this tiny CM sticking out prolly wouldnt bother anyone else but im stubborn and need to have to flush or closest to perfect as possible or ill bail out.

btw since im not going to use it, if anyone wants mine for cheaper than average lmk, well talk somehting out for you.

cheers-

Robert Palmer 09-06-2010 10:43 AM

Re: Retractable front plate - didnt like the look

Lets talk turkey.

SRTILL8 09-06-2010 10:54 AM

lol^^

u know its already urs bro. consider it sold to ya:thumbsup:

soontobesrt 09-06-2010 12:04 PM

i agree with you man, looks bad folded away but not as bad as having it permanently on! :eek: I thought the same thing but couldn't come up w/ an alternative BESIDES permanently mounting it.

Being in NJ needing a front plate all the time I find myself going with it folded down anyway, so I may just ditch it and put it in windshield (ricer status :) and if cop gets me say Im going to get it mounted now lol

Robert Palmer 09-06-2010 12:44 PM

It's mine. :D

soontobesrt 09-06-2010 11:49 PM

take it lmao, i have one. but i say you mount it in the lower grille somehow, wonder if it will fit?

Robert Palmer 09-07-2010 07:05 AM

Installed!

Will post pics and video later tonight! :D