Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Mineral Gray (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/mineral-gray-12640.html)

tank47 09-07-2010 10:02 PM

Mineral Gray

Has anyone placed an order for a Mineral Gray one yet?

GR33N D3M0N 09-07-2010 11:14 PM

Re: Mineral Gray

im pretty sure its unavailable for order until october... but dont quote me on that

chrobird 09-08-2010 10:20 PM

I ordered one on labor day. My dealer said nothing about it not being availabe. Gave me a deliver date of 6-8 weeks. I hope they know what they are talking about

Steve52 09-08-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrobird (Post 265296)
I ordered one on labor day. My dealer said nothing about it not being availabe. Gave me a deliver date of 6-8 weeks. I hope they know what they are talking about

You might want to have the dealer recheck that. From what we have been told, Mineral Gray was not available to order on labor day! Per the Jeep Engineers talk today, it will be available to order next week however.

chrobird 09-08-2010 10:31 PM

well I guess I can wait a week for them to put the order in. They probably know this and just aren't telling me. I will give them a call tomorrow and see whats up. IMO mineral gray is worth waiting for...looks so nice

J13ntv 09-08-2010 11:27 PM

As steve mentioned the Jeep engineers say Mineral Grey/ Saddle Interior and the options such as ACC and blind spot detection will be available to order sometime next week.

chrobird 09-08-2010 11:30 PM

Awesome...so looks like i can just tack on another week to my delivery date

J13ntv 09-08-2010 11:34 PM

Not to bust the bubble, but those options even though order able next week, aren't set to go into production until Oct 1st I believe. So 6-8 weeks may be more like 8-12 weeks from your order date.

tank47 09-09-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrobird (Post 265296)

I tried to order one on Labor Day and my dealership said he could not order Mineral Gray yet. Engineers did say in the chat last night that it would be available next week for order, so i plan on going back. Any idea on what day of the week this might be...Mon, Tues, etc?

Sid Fields 09-09-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank47 (Post 265398)
I tried to order one on Labor Day and my dealership said he could not order Mineral Gray yet. Engineers did say in the chat last night that it would be available next week for order, so i plan on going back. Any idea on what day of the week this might be...Mon, Tues, etc?

If you can wait I would hold out until you can actually see the car. Check out the color outside in sunlight, shade and on an overcast day. Pictures on a computer screen or in a catalogue never capture all of the different shades and tones of the car. You may find out that you are very disappointed if you look at your car in your driveway in the shade and it just looks black.:cool:

chrobird 09-09-2010 08:35 AM

you think the mineral gray will look that much different in person? thats the reason i didn't like the dark charcoal because it does look black and is hard to tell that it is not unless it is next to a black car

Morbeas 09-09-2010 08:40 AM

Does anyone have a picture of a Jeep in this color?