Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Overland wheels/exterior trim (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/overland-wheels-exterior-trim-12648.html)

mtp78 09-08-2010 10:06 AM

Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Just saw an overland this weekend, looking to buy soon. I own an 2002 overland at this moment. I thought the exterior was a little blah, Looks exactly like the limited except for a badge.

Does anyone know if later production Overland might get a different wheel? Or maybe just a polished and clear coated 20" standard wheel it comes with?

Would be nice if jeep would make an noticable difference on the exterior side.

Megatron 09-08-2010 10:27 AM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
It did not come with these wheels? :drool:

http://carguideblog.com/wp-content/u...herokee-20.jpg

Scottina06 09-08-2010 10:35 AM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
theres rumor of an Overland Summit edition. keep an eye out here for exclusive info

wk2overland 09-08-2010 10:59 AM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
the difference between limited and overland lies mostly inside...

CitizenNick 09-08-2010 11:07 AM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtp78 (Post 264646)
Just saw an overland this weekend, looking to buy soon. I own an 2002 overland at this moment. I thought the exterior was a little blah, Looks exactly like the limited except for a badge.

Does anyone know if later production Overland might get a different wheel? Or maybe just a polished and clear coated 20" standard wheel it comes with?

Would be nice if jeep would make an noticable difference on the exterior side.

That's what I'd like, 20 inch polished one's, like the 18's, because those 20 one's are just hideous and look way better online than in person.


Supposedly though: 20 x 8 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels will be available on November 1st, 2010, and I read it may be the same 20 inch wheels that the Dodge Ram has. (I currently have the 17 inch chrome one's on my 06 Limited and I like those a lot, but I wanna see these 20 inch chrome ones)

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=4482

Jim Hef 09-08-2010 04:52 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Is there an exterior difference with your 2002 Overland? They've never really differentiated it except for perhaps the wheel choice. It's all inside! Frankly, I'd want to pull that Overland logo off the hatch, and wish the seats had a "logo delete" option.

Jeeters 09-08-2010 06:51 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Yeah, Overland differences I thought, for the most part, have always been mostly on the inside.

i.e., "Overland" is to Jeep like "Eddie Bauer" is to Ford and "Denali" is to GMC... mostly styling and trim differences, on the inside for the most part. Maybe some different wheels or extra chrome strip here and there.

mtp78 09-08-2010 09:04 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 264853)
Is there an exterior difference with your 2002 Overland? They've never really differentiated it except for perhaps the wheel choice. It's all inside! Frankly, I'd want to pull that Overland logo off the hatch, and wish the seats had a "logo delete" option.

Besides the badging, mine had factory gray painted wheels and matching rock rail bars,So yes it was a little different compared to a limited

Jim Hef 09-09-2010 10:30 AM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
And, how many times have you driven down the road and said, "Wow, rock rail differences...an Overland!" ;)

Red G8R 09-12-2010 01:21 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 265494)
And, how many times have you driven down the road and said, "Wow, rock rail differences...an Overland!" ;)

Same can be said for all...Laredo, Limited or Overland. After awhile, they are all just Grand Cherokees.

NHWK05 09-12-2010 02:04 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
It also matters if you get an off road package. the off road package comes with 18s not 20s. I think those 20s in that picture look amazing. Ive seen them in persona nd i think they are the best oe jeep wheel yet.

Jim Hef 09-12-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Overland wheels/exterior trim
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 267020)
Same can be said for all...Laredo, Limited or Overland....

Especially this year where essentially the mirror caps and door handles are the only differences.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community