Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   GC WK Wobbles when letting off gas (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/gc-wk-wobbles-when-letting-off-gas-12701.html)

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-09-2010 10:58 AM

GC WK Wobbles when letting off gas

After dealing with my previous problems a new one has come about

The car does not feel sturdy at all when going over bumps it gets jolted from side to side other than that here's the new problem

If I'm cruising on the highway between 60-beyond and the second I let off the gas pedal the whole car starts shaking side to side real bad as if it's going to flip over !!! The funny part is that as soon as you give it gas the shaking goes away ?????

Also it does jolt from side to side over any bump and just does not feel comfortable in general

my friends lowered RX-7 feels like a flying carpet on clouds of extacy and my POS GC feels like a phucking tractor riding on a pile of bricks

I want to sell it but I can't in the current condition it is in, therefore need some wisdom !!!

It feels very unsafe and has been getting worse and annoying, when checked underneath found that the sway bar bushing in the front and rear were damaged but that was from all the play that it has been going through

things that are being considered to check this weekend

- sway bar links
- sway bar bushings
- track bar
- ?????????

WHY THE PHUCK DOES IT GO AWAY WHEN GAS IS APPLIED OR COME BACK WHEN LET OFF THE GAS PEDAL ... makes me wonder something to do with the driveline, either drive shaft joints such as the u-joints or some other shit

CPT2010 09-09-2010 11:01 AM

Re: GC WK Wobbles when letting off gas

mine is starting to shake a little bit with wobble, but once i rotated my tires it went away... and pot holes you hit hard and its out of alignment?

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-09-2010 11:04 AM

I always keep up with my rotations and balancing and alignment ... I know those are all in check ... this started happening even before I got the IROC replicas ... it started out real little wobble and has gotten worse and it only happens when you LET OFF the gas pedal ????

CPT2010 09-09-2010 11:08 AM

they sold you a lemon, fight it, i would get all my paperwork together of maintence and what not, and present it as in a lemon and demand for either money towards a new one or something, that just is not right

4jeepers 09-09-2010 11:10 AM

My 99' had a worn steering stabilizer that caused a lot of what you describe. The wobbles stopped pretty much when I replaced it. Its just a sideways mounted shock absorber. :D

Scottina06 09-09-2010 11:18 AM

I would take it to a reputable shop asap

White WK Swagga 09-09-2010 11:18 AM

Damn Omar that jeep isn't letting up on you! It's funny that you say when you let off throttle it stops. I'd check suspension components like you listed above...

06RC22 09-09-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 265536)

X2. sorry to hear its giving you another problem. I feel your pain man

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-09-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPT2010 (Post 265522)
they sold you a lemon, fight it, i would get all my paperwork together of maintence and what not, and present it as in a lemon and demand for either money towards a new one or something, that just is not right

well the worst part is that most of the work is done by either myself or my mechanic friend so there are no documents LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepers (Post 265527)
My 99' had a worn steering stabilizer that caused a lot of what you describe. The wobbles stopped pretty much when I replaced it. Its just a sideways mounted shock absorber. :D

I was just reading on that too thanks for letting me know about that

The two main things that come to mind at this point are

1- Steering stabilizer shock
2 - U joints

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 265536)

If the two mentioned above dont solve it I am doing that this coming week

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 265537)
Damn Omar that jeep isn't letting up on you! It's funny that you say when you let off throttle it stops. I'd check suspension components like you listed above...

it happens when let off throttle and goes away when I press the throttle

yeah gonna check everything but because of this wobble the following have been damaged

sway bar bushings (keep in mind I got the SRT sway bar)
my right front axle seal is broke (so I'm replacing that this weekend also)
track bar is loose from all that wobble too

Scottina06 09-09-2010 11:45 AM

I would have a look see at thee drive shaft and seals. It couldbe a seal going bad making the shaft out of balance untill its under load.

FYI-there is no steering stabilizer shock on the WK....

Also...you are way out of warranty and out of lemon filing status for your vehicle

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-09-2010 12:08 PM

hmm interesting to know ... I will definitely check that out too

some of the other suggestions are

- track bar (but how would that effect it when accelerating)
- control arms (same as above)

also those two components have been replaced at 50K miles

- u joints is one thing that comes to mind ... another thing I've been thinking is that my right front axle seal is broken and has been leaking ... maybe the low fluid has contributed to something

hopefully all this will come to light this sunday

thanks for all the inputs

Scottina06 09-09-2010 12:25 PM

if the axle seal is broken and leaking...it could be the axle is bad