Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Service Park Assist System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/service-park-assist-system-12720.html)

Shadohc 09-09-2010 07:38 PM

Service Park Assist System

When i bought my jeep and put it in reverse i would get a beeping sound.Now when i put it in reverse i dont hear anything.But when i get close to something it sounds like it is doing its job is this normal. Or is there something wrong with my rear assist ?

Chaoul1 09-09-2010 07:41 PM

Re: Service Park Assist System

When you put it into reverse, look back and you will see a black bar on the roof of the trunk inside. If that lights up it's good. When the Light Bars get closer together that means you are getting close to an object or something.

Yes. It sounds like it's working normally.

Shadohc 09-09-2010 07:49 PM

it is just weird that when i put it in reverse it was making a beeping sound that i am not hearing now and yes my bar is working correctly

dmsfun 09-10-2010 10:40 AM

It only makes the beeping sound if you are close to something. Mine does it every morning pulling out of the garage, then stops as soon as I get past the garage door.

steve mccarthy 03-30-2014 08:38 PM

park assist service comes on every time I start car how do I find this problem and fix it

jeepmanjim 04-04-2014 03:07 PM

It's possible you could have a bad park distance sensor. I had the same problem last year. I took the risk, purchased 1 chrome replacement from just for jeeps. I just did process of elimination. Kept moving it until the "check park assist" cleared. Just my luck, it was the last of the 4!! Ha!!

steve mccarthy 04-04-2014 03:15 PM

thanks for that ill look in to it

JeepMike 04-05-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmanjim (Post 1003549)
It's possible you could have a bad park distance sensor. I had the same problem last year. I took the risk, purchased 1 chrome replacement from just for jeeps. I just did process of elimination. Kept moving it until the "check park assist" cleared. Just my luck, it was the last of the 4!! Ha!!

Mine started today. Will have to check this out.
How much was the part?

jeepmanjim 04-05-2014 06:32 PM

You are lucky I'm watching TV and our 2 month old... I've got the time.

WK Factory Park Distance Sensor

Do yourself a favor and pick up the front & rear sway bar bushings. Oh and if u own an 05-07 the front brackets as well. Already paying for shipping!

Good luck!!

JeepMike 04-06-2014 04:08 PM

Thanks,
I just recently bought the WK, and the message popped up yesterday.

I probably won't even worry about it right now then. I have other things that I WANT to do first. :)