Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New Boston, MI auto rail company name/phone number anyone ??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-boston-mi-auto-rail-company-name-phone-number-anyone-12730.html)

J13ntv 09-09-2010 10:17 PM

New Boston, MI auto rail company name/phone number anyone ???

Does anyone know the name/ phone number of the rail company for Chrysler out of new Boston,mi. I've tried googling with no luck, no one answers the phones for allied systems or new Boston auto rail service, I think the google numbers are duds they just ring ring ring. I'm not even sure if that's the company but google maps shows large parking lots, trains and tons of cars parked.

Thanks in advanced

I want to call and see why my Jeep has sat for 6 days in their lot and not yet loaded on to a train. Everyday it gets pushed back one day to be loaded, maybe they have a better answer as to why and when.

J13ntv 09-10-2010 10:11 AM

Re: New Boston, MI auto rail company name/phone number anyone ???

bump

Scottina06 09-10-2010 10:40 AM

LOL...getting antsy are we Jorde?

J13ntv 09-10-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 266107)
LOL...getting antsy are we Jorde?

Indeed, it was originally supposed to be delivered yesterday lol

As of yesterday its the 14th but today could make it the 15th.. For once its not chrysler holding it up, it is the rail company and I just want to find out whats the hold up.. I'd say they are waiting for more cars to get a full train, but you'd think going to the NJ, NY,CT area that wouldn't be a hard thing to do if thats the answer.

J13ntv 09-10-2010 11:06 AM

I finally found it! lol

After 4 more dead ends today and disconnect numbers, I found the company that loads them onto rail cars

36800 Sibley Rd # 2
New Boston, MI 48164
734-753-6100

They said that the place the train is going to.. is putting the trains on hold.. Stupid Doremus, NJ is congested I guess. Idiots! I want my vehicle!

Jim Hef 09-10-2010 11:13 AM

There's a list of VINs in the back of the business section of the NY Times that the Homeland Security Dept is keeping from distribution...you may want to check what you've been doing!!! :p

J13ntv 09-10-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 266144)
There's a list of VINs in the back of the business section of the NY Times that the Homeland Security Dept is keeping from distribution...you may want to check what you've been doing!!! :p

In all honesty, is there actually a section like that in the NY times? Not that I'm gullible but it could one day be true....lol

Now my next mission is find the phone number for the Doremus destination facility and find out when the hold will clear.

Jim Hef 09-10-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 266148)
...is there actually a section like that in the NY times?....

Okay, what did you do wrong? ;) No need to worry, the NY Times would never cooperate with the government!

J13ntv 09-10-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 266164)
Okay, what did you do wrong? ;) No need to worry, the NY Times would never cooperate with the government!

Well after speaking to people at the Doremus location.. They can't bring up anything until the vehicle gets there. So it looks like new Boston will be hearing from me more often until it loads and leaves.. lol

jpsmith 09-10-2010 12:05 PM

Stupid Doremus, NJ definitely sounds like a place I don't want to visit.

J13ntv 09-10-2010 12:49 PM

Yea I don't know why it's call doremus nj it's actually in Newark nj off of doremus ave. At least it's not completely random.