Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Expedited shipping on your WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/expedited-shipping-on-your-wk2-12751.html)

MeanDean 09-10-2010 02:14 PM

Expedited shipping on your WK2

I haven't seen this posted yet. Hope it helps folks that are ordering their new WK2...

Just came across something interesting in the Engineer Chat thread that may explain why some people are getting their GCs quicker than others:

Question:
Hi, ordered a 2011 overland 7-7-10 was told 4 wks by dealer chry. corp. tells me a tentative ship day 2 wks ago was 7-9-10 now they say call next week whats up guys?

Answer:
Thanks for your patience, we have strong demand for Overlands. Please ask the dealer to make sure that they have identified your new Jeep as a "Sold Order" so that we can expidite shipping.

I just looked over my POC (purchase order confirmation) and it does indeed have the '4EA' code (Sold Vehicle). Just something that prospective buyers should make sure their dealer includes on their order. Some dealers are obivously more knowledgeable than others!

whatevrworks 09-11-2010 04:04 PM

Re: Expedited shipping on your WK2

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 266230)
I haven't seen this posted yet. Hope it helps folks that are ordering their new WK2...

Just came across something interesting in the Engineer Chat thread that may explain why some people are getting their GCs quicker than others:

Question:
Hi, ordered a 2011 overland 7-7-10 was told 4 wks by dealer chry. corp. tells me a tentative ship day 2 wks ago was 7-9-10 now they say call next week whats up guys?

Answer:
Thanks for your patience, we have strong demand for Overlands. Please ask the dealer to make sure that they have identified your new Jeep as a "Sold Order" so that we can expidite shipping.

I just looked over my POC (purchase order confirmation) and it does indeed have the '4EA' code (Sold Vehicle). Just something that prospective buyers should make sure their dealer includes on their order. Some dealers are obivously more knowledgeable than others!

From what I understand if you go into the dealer and place an order the dealer has the ability to enter your name and address on the sheet. This along with the code denotes sold order. Basically if you are placing a deposit of any sort and your build sheet/order sheet does not have your name and address on it they entered in the computer as just a regular dealer order, not a sold order. And it does make a big difference, I got my limited in about 8 weeks from order date and they same dealer is still waiting on other limiteds and overlands they ordered several weeks before I ordered.

skinny 09-11-2010 05:59 PM

Checked my order and it was put in as a sold order with the code you posted. Placed my order July 17th just got estimated delivery date Sept 16th. Pretty dang close to the 60 day build time the dealer told me.

Brian1f1 09-11-2010 06:32 PM

Don't put to much faith in it... my estimated was sept 9th... not even on the line yet...

Steve52 09-11-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 266734)
Don't put to much faith in it... my estimated was sept 9th... not even on the line yet...

How do you know if it is on the line or not?

skinny 09-12-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 266734)

Milous has been tracking mine. It went KZ the other day and now I have the estimated ship date.

Brian1f1 09-12-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve52 (Post 266736)
How do you know if it is on the line or not?

Call the Chrysler hotline or ask your dealer to check...