Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote Start (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-start-12785.html)

whatevrworks 09-11-2010 04:10 PM

Remote Start

Anyone know that the deal with remote start which are equipped as standard and which are not. According to the jeep.com website it appears to be an option but my limited came with it even though it appeared to be an option when I was ordered that I did not select. I am happy it came because I usually just put on an aftermarket one, but just curious whether it was a screwup in my favor or whether limited and overland come with it.

And it works great with auto temp control too!

DarthJeeper 09-11-2010 04:31 PM

Re: Remote Start

I'm not all that familiar with remote start.

When you remote start your GC can you get in, put it in Drive and go? Or do you have to push the Start/Stop button on the dash or do some other step before you can drive off?

whatevrworks 09-11-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthJeeper (Post 266698)
I'm not all that familiar with remote start.

When you remote start your GC can you get in, put it in Drive and go? Or do you have to push the Start/Stop button on the dash or do some other step before you can drive off?

It will not work if the doors or liftgate is open even a little. But basically push the button twice the lights flash (and honk as well if you have it set that way which i do not) and it starts. When you want to drive away just hit the start button and you are good. It is nice to walk out in 100 degree weather and have the car precooled and it has got to be better on the engine life in very cold weather to have it all warm before you stomp on the gas.

dubwarren 09-11-2010 06:03 PM

remote start in std on overland. prolly the same on limited. i havent seen a limited in the past 3 model years without it.....

tkln 09-11-2010 07:06 PM

I'm pretty sure it comes with the Laredo X package too...so it's gotta be standard on Limited.

AIR_RAM 09-11-2010 07:17 PM

My wife has it on here Laredo... The key just needs to be in the vacinity, like your pocket or in her case her purse... Just get in, put your foot on the brake and press the button. It fires right up and you can drive. I think its really cool.

NICK

dubwarren 09-11-2010 08:03 PM

i actually remember hearing somewhere that all the new jeeps have push button start.

Jeeters 09-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 266764)
i actually remember hearing somewhere that all the new jeeps have push button start.

It's not standard on the base Laredo. But you can get it on that if you get the "Security and Convenience Group" package. It's standard on the Laredo X, Limited, and Overland.

Steeler 09-11-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeters (Post 266788)
It's not standard on the base Laredo. But you can get it on that if you get the "Security and Convenience Group" package. It's standard on the Laredo X, Limited, and Overland.

There's alot of confusion here. The original poster, I believe is refering to the Key FOB remote start. Were you can start the GC from your living room, etc. Some are mixing it up with the push button start, which is standard on all models. Jeeters is correct. remote start is optional in the base Laredo, and standard on the Laredo X, Limited, and Overland.

dubwarren 09-11-2010 08:56 PM

dubwarren was correct....push button start on all models.

"all the new jeeps have push button start. "

GR33N D3M0N 09-12-2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 266790)
dubwarren was correct....push button start on all models.

"all the new jeeps have push button start. "

but the question is remote start, from the keyfob...can you start the car with the keyfob from a distance on all models?

Milous 09-12-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 266866)
but the question is remote start, from the keyfob...can you start the car with the keyfob from a distance on all models?

Yes. As mentioned, Remote Start is optional on the base Laredo, Standard on everything else.