Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Jeep Antenna (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/jeep-antenna-12808.html)

mangoe 09-12-2010 11:23 AM

Jeep Antenna

I saw my first white jeep today on the Chrysler parking lot,it was beautiful a white Laredo with the trail rated badge and tow hooks,the antenna on the roof of the jeep looks like it can be adjusted from a longer length to a smaller length,because the antenna on white jeep was shorter than the antenna on the red Laredo jeep.

cbnbmore 09-12-2010 11:29 AM

Re: Jeep Antenna

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangoe (Post 266959)
I saw my first white jeep today on the Chrysler parking lot,it was beautiful a white Laredo with the trail rated badge and tow hooks,the antenna on the roof of the jeep looks like it can be adjusted from a longer length to a smaller length,because the antenna on white jeep was shorter than the antenna on the red Laredo jeep.

Were they both 2011's? I thought all the antennas were the same for 2011.

xcespwr 09-12-2010 11:36 AM

I saw in the Jeep Engineer chat that they switched to a shorter antenna a couple weeks after production.

Anyone know if you can get a "fin" antenna instead of the rod antenna so it doesn't interfere with carrying something on the roof?

mangoe 09-12-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbnbmore (Post 266961)
Were they both 2011's? I thought all the antennas were the same for 2011.

Yes they are both 2011 jeep,but as the previous poster says,in that chat room I recall them saying that the roof antenna was 2 inch or meter shorter than the previous antennas.

cbnbmore 09-12-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcespwr (Post 266965)
I saw in the Jeep Engineer chat that they switched to a shorter antenna a couple weeks after production.

Anyone know if you can get a "fin" antenna instead of the rod antenna so it doesn't interfere with carrying something on the roof?

I guess that's the price one pays for being an early generation buyer.

Jeeters 09-12-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcespwr (Post 266965)

The jeep engineer also said the antenna can easily be temporarily unscrewed from the roof in order to make room for cargo on the roof. Of course, I suppose that doesn't help if you actually want to use the antenna while you haul whatever you're hauling.

cbnbmore 09-12-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeters (Post 267058)
The jeep engineer also said the antenna can easily be temporarily unscrewed from the roof in order to make room for cargo on the roof. Of course, I suppose that doesn't help if you actually want to use the antenna while you haul whatever you're hauling.

Perhaps the new antenna will be a simple screw on replacement for the old one.

Scottina06 09-12-2010 03:30 PM

from what I remember it looks like the antenna would only interfere in very rare situations. Theres pics somewhere of the wk2 carrying canoes and other items on its roof. I think you guys are way over-analyzing it....

Jeeters 09-12-2010 03:32 PM

btw, I was following a white WK2 Laredo on the highway a couple days ago (only the second WK2 I've seen moving), and the antenna had a kink bent into it. The top two inches or so was parallel to the ground, and pointing to the right (or maybe left; as if it matters).

darkrt 09-12-2010 04:24 PM

Thats probably because they bent it over to clear something. I did the same about 3 inches down to clear the front of my car port. Broke the damn coiled spring but the coiled wire and sheath are holding it horizontal.

nek121328 09-12-2010 05:26 PM

Think the longer antenna performs better than the shorter version in very rural areas?

dubwarren 09-12-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 267121)
Think the longer antenna performs better than the shorter version in very rural areas?

i can tell that the reception on sat radio isnt as good as it was on my 08 limited for some reason, related? not sure.....