Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Want to add the SRt8 Jeep rear bumper? here's the rear absorber (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/want-to-add-the-srt8-jeep-rear-bumper-heres-the-rear-absorber-1281.html)

Scottina06 07-09-2009 03:47 AM

Want to add the SRt8 Jeep rear bumper? here's the rear absorber

Been getting a lot of questions about why the SRT rear absorber is needed to add the SRT8 Jeep rear bumper to a non SRT WK. Heres a pic i finally found of the difference...:thumbsup:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74...absorbdiff.jpg

Vinnysrt8 07-09-2009 06:05 AM

Re: Want to add the SRt8 Jeep rear bumper? here's the rear absorber

which one is ther srt one.

saleen032 07-09-2009 06:54 AM

I would say the bottom one is for the SRT.. And it looks like you could cut out the sections where the rear fog lights go and save some money..

Scottina06 07-09-2009 02:55 PM

the bottom is the SRT absorber.

FYI-there are other difference in the absorber saleen. You cant just cut the wings off. There was so much trimming needed...that it would completely ruin the wk absorber and threaten the integrity and protection level.

Dylans3960ccs 07-09-2009 03:01 PM

^^ nicely said. ^^

saleen032 07-10-2009 07:40 AM

I get a kick out of everybody who just wants to be able to bolt parts on or have things work "plug and Play"....Like the people who had the issues with the export tails on the 07 and up's...There are ways to get the lights to work. Yes, it waould have been some work to do it, but it is possible. And there are ways to make parts work that sometimes shouldnt. Thats what the first modders did. Put parts from one car onto another and made them work...They just had to use their heads and some elbow grease. And the absorber is only designed for "accidents" below 5 miles an hour...otherwise it is useless....

Scottina06 07-10-2009 09:53 AM

saleen dude i have had both of these in my hand to compare. I also tried to cut and mod the nonSRT WK absorber to fit. I even trimmed the absorber shown above to try to get it to work and i ended up with hardly anything left. I had to cut and trim parts of it that also attached to the frame of the wk. The biggest problem I had with using the nonsrt absorber was I could never get the SRT bumper to fit right and correctly. I couldnt get the bumper to set flush and bolt up nice and even and how it was suppose to.
Also I take offence to your statement above....you have no experience with any of this to my knowledge. Like I said above...I have had both items in my hand and in my possesion and have experience trying to mod, use elbow grease to make it work. My jeep isnt a truck that i dropped off at a shop and told them what i wanted. If you see a mod on my Jeep...I did it...myself if at all possible.
Also from memory...I believe that absorber is also there for under 30 mph collisions

XXX007 07-10-2009 10:15 AM

I did trim the WK absorber and you do have to take alot off like scott said, I did get it to work however and am taking my chances I guess on a rear impact...

Scottina06 08-02-2009 01:21 PM

bump for Frankie

Frankie 08-03-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 41603)
bump for Frankie

Thanks bud! :)

*sox* 09-12-2012 03:00 AM

have i understand rigth the pic down are the srt absorber, the newer one?

i have exatcly this now in my WK :confused:

robpp 09-12-2012 10:55 AM

your bumper sox is export with the rear fogs right?

so I bet that you have the correct one for your ride.