Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

rearview camera

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  harricanfloyd 
#1 ·
what fits the WK that isnt ugly and completely obvious? what do you guys use to fit under that plastic trim that sits over the license plate?

#4 ·
I have a camera like that for the front, but no night vision. how is that camera? i understand it is cheap, but it must do the job, right?

right now, i cant really see out of my front camera at night because the HIDs are too bright, and then everything else is too dark

#3 ·
cool, did it fit under the plastic thing?

i just dont want the camera visible at ALL, so.... as little visibility as possible.

#5 ·
Is there no one who has done an aftermarket camera install? i find that hard to believe.

#8 ·
I also just hung my Alpine camera off the rear trim, similiar to Svenska. Maybe you should look into ordering the b/u cam compatible rear trim. It has a bulge molded into it that you could tuck the camera under (exactly like factory).

#12 · (Edited)
I got tired of the kids freakin around with my camera that was highly visible. After I found it dangling front the power wire, I had to "do" something. I drilled out an existing license plate hole(bottom one that no one uses) and the bottom hole in the license plate..... Used a rubber grommet and fed the camera in from the back. No troubles from da cops and you really have to look to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.