Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Heater core keeps going bad (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/heater-core-keeps-going-bad-12844.html)

Hemi_05 09-13-2010 03:23 PM

Heater core keeps going bad

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi with 116,000 miles. The Heater Core started going bad the last 20,000 miles. They changed the unit 5 times and the hoses once. I do not trust the jeep anymore. The passenger side is filled with coolant. The dealership did not even change the carpet and will not! They give it a bad detail and give back to me. It is stained purple. Does anyone know where I can get a carpert? Also is there a fix to this problem? The Jeep is at the dealership getting a new heater core in it and it should be done tommorow. But I have a feeling that it is not fixed cause it has happend already four times. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

robpp 09-13-2010 03:27 PM

Re: Heater core keeps going bad

sorry to hear that BS bro.

to be honest, I dont recall hearing much about WK heater cores. especially that much problems.

gl getting it right :thumbsup:

Hemi_05 09-13-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 267490)
sorry to hear that BS bro.

to be honest, I dont recall hearing much about WK heater cores. especially that much problems.

gl getting it right :thumbsup:

That is what the dealership said. They usually do not have problems with the WK and heater core. Hopefully someone can chime in and help?

Chaoul1 09-13-2010 08:49 PM

Have you spoken to the Service Manager? Try and take it to another dealership. Farrish Jeep has been good and bad to me. Lol. Try Tysons or Springfield.

kevin06vino 09-14-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemi_05 (Post 267488)
I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi with 116,000 miles. The Heater Core started going bad the last 20,000 miles. They changed the unit 5 times and the hoses once.

This doesn't sound like a heater core issue, maybe there is something else causing the heater core to leak, perhaps too much pressure on the inlet side or a restriction on the outlet. I'd bet there is something plugged in the cooling system, or maybe when they installed the first replacement heater core they kinked a line somewhere.

I used to be a service manager and know things like this happen too often. Sure, they replaced a broken part, but never really fix the original problem.

Best of luck to you and your WK

Hemi_05 09-14-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin06vino (Post 267837)
This doesn't sound like a heater core issue, maybe there is something else causing the heater core to leak, perhaps too much pressure on the inlet side or a restriction on the outlet. I'd bet there is something plugged in the cooling system, or maybe when they installed the first replacement heater core they kinked a line somewhere.

I used to be a service manager and know things like this happen too often. Sure, they replaced a broken part, but never really fix the original problem.

Best of luck to you and your WK

Thanks for the info that makes more sense. I will call the dealership and tell them to check the things you stated and we will take it from there! Again thanks.

Hemi_05 09-14-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 267607)
Have you spoken to the Service Manager? Try and take it to another dealership. Farrish Jeep has been good and bad to me. Lol. Try Tysons or Springfield.

Yes I spoke to the service manger not that helpful. I think I am switching to the koons of tysons new jeep dealership.

Hemi_05 09-16-2010 01:51 PM

Bump Jeep still at dealership its been there for a week and one day.

Scottina06 09-16-2010 02:39 PM

wow...this is the first I have heard of this.....

sounds like they are incompotent......

Chaoul1 09-16-2010 02:59 PM

Tysons Jeep is pretty good. Demand that they fix this problem. Period.

Hemi_05 09-16-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 269137)
wow...this is the first I have heard of this.....

sounds like they are incompotent......

Ya I dont know why it keeps failing.

Hemi_05 09-16-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 269153)
Tysons Jeep is pretty good. Demand that they fix this problem. Period.

I called them today they say that they are cleaning the car amd it should be done tommorow. If this happens again i will take it to tysons.