Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Overland Leather dash issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/overland-leather-dash-issue-12874.html)

kgrencer 09-14-2010 04:14 PM

Overland Leather dash issue

So I reported to you guys that the front edge of my Leather dash was seperating a week ago. It has continued to seperate, and I took it to the dealer today. I just heard back that they are going to replace the dash :huh:.

I hope they can replace just the top..... I can't imagine my interior being pulled apart with only 1,000 miles on the rig :( Either way, the replacement dash has to be ordered, so we'll see how long this takes. They were extremely quick to come to this decision, almost as if Jeep knows of the issue with the Leather Overland dash.

dubwarren 09-14-2010 05:03 PM

Re: Overland Leather dash issue

Congrats! i hope mine doesnt do the same thing. so far so good.

dpope 09-14-2010 05:08 PM

Glad they are taking care of it. I hope they get this taken care of as this is a concern with the Texas heat. The dash looks amazing but it needs to last.

blackpepper 09-14-2010 05:23 PM

They knew because they read Jeep Garage, too :)

bluethunderjeep 09-14-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 268006)
They knew because they read Jeep Garage, too :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Scottina06 09-14-2010 06:50 PM

:thumbsup:

Technosavant 09-14-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrencer (Post 267969)
They were extremely quick to come to this decision, almost as if Jeep knows of the issue with the Leather Overland dash.

I was wondering if this might be the reason they were so painstakingly slow to ship the Overlands that have just been produced- maybe sending all the Overlands for repair of this issue?

J13ntv 09-14-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 268099)
I was wondering if this might be the reason they were so painstakingly slow to ship the Overlands that have just been produced- maybe sending all the Overlands for repair of this issue?

I figured it might have been more of that issue with whatever that "hose" issue was in which it was part of many of the vehicles chryslers built. According to that dealer bulletin at least.

Technosavant 09-14-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 268106)
I figured it might have been more of that issue with whatever that "hose" issue was in which it was part of many of the vehicles chryslers built. According to that dealer bulletin at least.

Could have been that too, but it sure seemed like they were moving Laredos and Limiteds faster than Overlands.

ostroveni 09-14-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 268122)
Could have been that too, but it sure seemed like they were moving Laredos and Limiteds faster than Overlands.

I don't think so, my limited is sitting next to yours ...

dubwarren 09-14-2010 08:29 PM

i'd drive up there and steal it if it was me......it isnt stealing really if its yours already........

J13ntv 09-14-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 268134)
i'd drive up there and steal it if it was me......it isnt stealing really if its yours already........

Just make sure you paid for it! Lol