Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/chrysler-extended-warranty-prices-12920.html)

HEMInator 09-15-2010 09:27 PM

Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

I've seen a few comments regarding warranty's so I figured I would post warranty prices from Chryslerwarrantys.com. I used them to get my dealer to match their price for my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Lifetime Maxcare warranty which I paid $1625 for. Unfortunately, my buddy didn't listen to me and when he bought his Ram from a different dealership, he paid $2800 for the same warranty...OUCH! I plan on doing the same thing for the JGC. I'm only quoting Max Care not the Added Care Plus which is cheaper but covers less as well. Max Care is your typical "bumper to bumper" warranty. This assumes $100 deductible. There are options for $50 and $0 deductible which substantially increases the price. These are 5, 6 and 7 year options along with the Lifetime option. I'll be going with the lifetime option on the JGC like I did with my Ram. One other thing to note here is that when you buy an Extended Chrysler Warranty (at least the Lifetime one) you receive a booklet of 6 free oil change coupons. I received two booklets when I bought my Ram (one for the military $500 rebate which the JGC has and one for buying the extended warranty). Great deal if you ask me so in my opinion it's a no brainer. The Lifetime isn't transferable to anyone except in two states if I remember correctly but I plan on keeping my JGC quite a long time just as my truck so I love that peace of mind.

2011 JGC

5/60K = $845
5/70K = $1055
5/85K = $1210
5/100K = $1400

6/60K = $940
6/70K = $1120
6/85K = $1330
6/100K = $1590

7/60K = $1005
7/70K = $1150
7/85K = $1380
7/100K = $1665

Lifetime (No Mileage or Year Expiration)
Powertrain Alone = $885
Max Care Bumper to Bumper (including power train) = $2100

J13ntv 09-15-2010 09:33 PM

Re: Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices

Also a thing to note.. When you go to their website the first time.. You enter your e-mail. Usually in a handful of days you get a coupon in your inbox.. My last coupon was for $207 dollars off the already listed prices above.. That is if you don't buy it the first time your on their website.. :)

dpope 09-15-2010 09:50 PM

Nice find. As I am getting my Overland at invoice I was sure they would take it to me on extended warranty. Now I will just purchase from this web site if they dont match it.

Thanks for the great information!

HEMInator 09-15-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpope (Post 268786)
Nice find. As I am getting my Overland at invoice I was sure they would take it to me on extended warranty. Now I will just purchase from this web site if they dont match it.

Thanks for the great information!

No problem..that's what we're all here for. I'm glad you found the post useful!

Knightrider03m 09-15-2010 10:35 PM

I just slapped on the Lifetime Maxcare on my Jeep a few days ago. My salesman said nothing about getting 6 free oil changes though....... not that I care that much about it. I got the $100 deductible. My salesman said that it was useless to get the $50 deductible since the $0 deductible cost only $50-100 more. Paid $23xx for it after the employee discount.

I was told that if the repair cost more than what the car is worth, they would just pay me for the car so my dreams of driving it until the wheels far off isn't going to happen :lol:

DieselvRR 09-16-2010 06:10 AM

Is this the same warranty that Chrysler (the dealer) would use?

HEMInator 09-16-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 268882)

Yes it is the exact same warranty the dealer would sell you. I would see if you can get your dealer to match or beat the price like I did with my dealer when I bought my Ram or just buy it off the site.

Wondy 09-16-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselvRR (Post 268882)

Yeah, I'd be interested in knowing the same thing. Are these really a viable alternative, or just a good negotiating tool to get a better price straight from the dealer?

Wondy 09-16-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMInator (Post 268898)
Yes it is the exact same warranty the dealer would sell you. I would see if you can get your dealer to match or beat the price like I did with my dealer when I bought my Ram or just buy it off the site.

And you apparently answered the question as I was typing it. :)

DieselvRR 09-16-2010 11:16 AM

Good to know, I will definatly run the quote when I go pick up my car.

dpope 09-16-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 268773)
Also a thing to note.. When you go to their website the first time.. You enter your e-mail. Usually in a handful of days you get a coupon in your inbox.. My last coupon was for $207 dollars off the already listed prices above.. That is if you don't buy it the first time your on their website.. :)

Yeah I got an email this morning for another 183 discount. Problem is I dont have one on order yet because of the 730N issue. That will be long expired before I take delivery. Oh well I will use another email when the time arrives:D

seanster 09-16-2010 09:14 PM

Wow, great info. Thanks for sharing.