Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Hemi 5.7 WK Headers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/hemi-5-7-wk-headers-12923.html)

jeepgcoman 09-15-2010 10:43 PM

Hemi 5.7 WK Headers

After following 555ctsv's exhaust thread with great interest, I decided to head down to my local custom exhaust fabricator to see if he could come up with some kind of header system for our Hemi WK's. After seeing those stock 5.7 manifolds, I decided they had to go. No matter what one does to their engine, one would not get full benefit if using that junk. 555ctsv has been kind enough to provide me with some detailed info. on his experiences in getting a system to work on his ride. THANKS, 555ctsv!!! I am going to take his info., my WK, and reponses from this thread down to him and see if he'd be interested in producing a system for us. He initially indicated it would be easier to modify an existing set than build a set from scratch. If need be though, he'd build them from scratch, and they would be shorties, so no 02 extensions would be needed. Modifying existing ones would be desirable mainly due to the limited access on the WK without removing the fender wells to gain access to the area. He also indicated that a pre-existing set (based on 555ctsv's experience) would probably be a good start.

Anyway, this is just a feeler to see how many Hemi (5.7) WKer's might be interested in custom ceramic coated stainless headers? If there appears to be sufficient interest, he may be willing to make fixtures and produce them to meet the demand. So, let's hear how many might go for this. Thanks.

BLACK DOG 09-15-2010 11:44 PM

Re: Hemi 5.7 WK Headers

i've been following 555ctv's thread with interest as well, and also saw another thread where someone said they tried to improve the flow in SRT headers and gave it up as hopeless... I would be interested if the price was in the $400 to $500 range of other hemi shorties

hemi.jon 09-16-2010 04:41 AM

get some long tubes and id be interested. Just get it for a price less then the 4 figure rape price everyone else is hung up on.

yousmellfunnytoo 09-16-2010 07:55 AM

I'd be in for sure, but as mentioned, keep it below 1000 bucks and you'd have my money. I'd love some long tube though :)

Its funny how you can get lsx, and ford headers, heck, even the RT LX body's get lots of love in the header area, for dirt cheap, and the closest thing we get are 1500 dollar srt8 long tubes with the 5.7 flanges welded on, and they dont fit the body unless some pounding is done to the trans pan...

GRRR

maxst2 09-16-2010 09:00 AM

Thing is with all the other long tube installs that I have seen is that your money is also going into installation since there is some...er ALOT.. of work to be done to get them installed and the electronics working correctly. IE 02 sensors and the like.

CPT2010 09-16-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK DOG (Post 268836)
i've been following 555ctv's thread with interest as well, and also saw another thread where someone said they tried to improve the flow in SRT headers and gave it up as hopeless... I would be interested if the price was in the $400 to $500 range of other hemi shorties

around that range... I'm in

hemi.jon 09-16-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxst2 (Post 268919)
Thing is with all the other long tube installs that I have seen is that your money is also going into installation since there is some...er ALOT.. of work to be done to get them installed and the electronics working correctly. IE 02 sensors and the like.

install shouldnt be costing you to much, and defeating the O2 sensors is about $10.

BLACK DOG 09-16-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi.jon (Post 269184)
install shouldnt be costing you to much, and defeating the O2 sensors is about $10.

how do you defeat the o2 sensors for $10.

amw5 09-16-2010 04:21 PM

Anti-foulers...from your local auto parts store. Much more expensive ones can be found that actually incorporate the same catalyst that is in your cats to help clean the exhaust just before it reaches the sensor.

BLACK DOG 09-16-2010 04:35 PM

Ok I found it thanks

White Chocolate 09-16-2010 04:41 PM

I'd be interested as well.

Chaoul1 09-16-2010 04:41 PM

If it's under $1,000 I "Might" be interested.