Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is sunroof standard on Laredo or Laredo X? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-sunroof-standard-on-laredo-or-laredo-x-12968.html)

tkln 09-17-2010 01:58 PM

Is sunroof standard on Laredo or Laredo X?

So from what I've heard, the panoramic sunroof will not be available on the Laredo anymore due to supply problems (anyone who knows better please let me know). In my search of a specific vehicle, I've found several that don't have the panoramic sunroof as an option, but they also don't have a regular sunroof listed on the window stickers found online.

Does that mean the Laredo/Laredo X didn't have a regular sunroof as standard? Just curious as I will be heading back to the dealership tomorrow and I want to have the correct info...while I don't need the panoramic sunroof, I wouldn't mind the regular one. Thanks!

jpsmith 09-17-2010 01:59 PM

Re: Is sunroof standard on Laredo or Laredo X?

I have no sunroof on my Laredo X.

Marlon_JB2 09-17-2010 02:01 PM

Sunroof is NOT standard on Laredo period. The "normal" sized sunroof only gets placed if the vehicle has the DVD Player option. So, you order a sunroof, you get the Panoramic one. I haven't heard anything about it not being available anymore, nor have I seen any Jeep go by with the regular sunroof and NO DVD Player.

tkln 09-17-2010 02:08 PM

Thank you thank you thank you. :D

rounders550 09-17-2010 03:40 PM

It kind of bothers me that for a $37K sticker price there is no sunroof yet you can get one on a Kia that costs $12K

tkln 09-17-2010 03:53 PM

Very true!!!

mangoe 09-17-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rounders550 (Post 269799)
It kind of bothers me that for a $37K sticker price there is no sunroof yet you can get one on a Kia that costs $12K

It kind of bothers me that you can't get the panoramic sunroof with 2, 8 inch dvd screen on the rear head rest of the driver and passenger seats, with the Sirius satellite tv.

Mercedes Benz E class has the similar active headrest also available has a option 2, 8 inch dvd screen on the back of the driver and front passenger seats.

That could be in the future Overland Summit Edition.

skinny 09-17-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 269747)
Sunroof is NOT standard on Laredo period. The "normal" sized sunroof only gets placed if the vehicle has the DVD Player option. So, you order a sunroof, you get the Panoramic one. I haven't heard anything about it not being available anymore, nor have I seen any Jeep go by with the regular sunroof and NO DVD Player.

Only option I was given was the panoramic sunroof. Never mention anything about a regular size sunroof :confused:

Marlon_JB2 09-18-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny (Post 269837)
Only option I was given was the panoramic sunroof. Never mention anything about a regular size sunroof :confused:

Yeah I know, that's kinda what my post said.

skinny 09-19-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 270057)
Yeah I know, that's kinda what my post said.

Oh I thought you said that if you order a DVD player you get a regular sunroof.

Technosavant 09-19-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinny (Post 270625)
Oh I thought you said that if you order a DVD player you get a regular sunroof.

If you are already getting the panoramic and you opt for the backseat entertainment system, it chops it back to a "standard" sized sunroof.

dubwarren 09-19-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rounders550 (Post 269799)

yeah, but then youd be stuck with a kia....and what happens if you get jack knifed by a truck in your kia? but, hey, you got a sweet sunroof.....