Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-navigation-12980.html)

dpope 09-17-2010 08:20 PM

730N Navigation
 
This is extremeley frusterating. Yesterday I could order my Overland exactly like I want it but never talked to the dealer. Dealer calls today and says the 730N is not available:mad: and I can't order my Jeep.

Are they not going to release the 730N until they upgrade it to the RHR? If so waiting until January to order and probably a March delivery really stinks. Anybody have any idea what is going on with this?:confused:

J13ntv 09-17-2010 09:11 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
I've heard that the 730N has been on and off in regards to being able to be ordered. Maybe they are low on them or something but if you check every so often it should become available again I believe. Mine was ordered with a 730N but that was end of July.

dpope 09-17-2010 09:29 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
I just really started looking at the Jeep a few weeks ago and I looked at an Overland with the 730 and I like its features. I don't really care if it is RER or RHR. Hopefully you are correct about on and off about availabilty.

J13ntv 09-17-2010 09:37 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpope (Post 269926)
I just really started looking at the Jeep a few weeks ago and I looked at an Overland with the 730 and I like its features. I don't really care if it is RER or RHR. Hopefully you are correct about on and off about availabilty.

For now its RER. RHR as you mentioned isn't until roughly January and thats if that holds to be true still. The 430N which many on the forums seem to have gotten is another good choice, its just the Garmin Interface. However as I mentioned earlier I have read just on here by others that the 730N has been on and off to order, not sure as to the WHY though.

STIX 09-17-2010 09:57 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Gotta say I like the RER. Used it for the first time today and it does a nice job of giving you notice exactly when to turn. Also, the turn by turn shows up on the EVIC. Wasn't expecting that and was pleasantly surprised.

When I picked up the jeep today, the salesman said he was not able to place any more orders for overlands. Unfortunately he didn't say why.

It's interesting to me, since the official launch is Monday.

dpope 09-17-2010 10:03 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STIX (Post 269942)
Gotta say I like the RER. Used it for the first time today and it does a nice job of giving you notice exactly when to turn. Also, the turn by turn shows up on the EVIC. Wasn't expecting that and was pleasantly surprised.

When I picked up the jeep today, the salesman said he was not able to place any more orders for overlands. Unfortunately he didn't say why.

It's interesting to me, since the official launch is Monday.

What do you mean official launch?

I am glad you like it.

J13ntv 09-17-2010 10:06 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpope (Post 269949)
What do you mean official launch?

I am glad you like it.

^^ LIke he said, whats the "official launch" They had a tent event back in July for these vehicles I know.. Didn't hear of the overland restriction however.

STIX 09-17-2010 10:16 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 269953)
^^ LIke he said, whats the "official launch" They had a tent event back in July for these vehicles I know.. Didn't hear of the overland restriction however.

It may be a local thing, but they had the WK2s in the back and moved them to the front lot this week. Supposedly they are having a big event. Last friday a lot of the dealers were in Florida and the CEO of FIAT was there talking about the importance of the launch, quality (triple checking QA for vehicles even in storage and demanding no recalls), and new products in the pipeline.

All I know is the GM at my dealership was pissed since they sold the only overland to me today, so thay have nothing to show in that class for the launch.

J13ntv 09-17-2010 10:21 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STIX (Post 269961)
It may be a local thing, but they had the WK2s in the back and moved them to the front lot this week. Supposedly they are having a big event. Last friday a lot of the dealers were in Florida and the CEO of FIAT was there talking about the importance of the launch, quality (triple checking QA for vehicles even in storage and demanding no recalls), and new products in the pipeline.

All I know is the GM at my dealership was pissed since they sold the only overland to me today, so thay have nothing to show in that class for the launch.

Thats true I did notice that the Wk2s really arent in the front like they used to be, I just see Wranglers and used WK's.

dpope 09-17-2010 10:23 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 269953)
^^ LIke he said, whats the "official launch" They had a tent event back in July for these vehicles I know.. Didn't hear of the overland restriction however.

I hadn't heard about Overland restrictions either. My dealer called today and said the only thing holding my order back is the 730. No indication at all that they couldn't place an Overland order as that is what I am getting.

yukon 09-17-2010 10:35 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
I ordered my Overland today and only Media Center is 430N until late Jan. when 730n (RHR) comes in.:(

dpope 09-17-2010 10:39 PM

Re: 730N Navigation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon (Post 269981)
I ordered my Overland today and only Media Center is 430N until late Jan. when 730n (RHR) comes in.:(

I hope that is not true. I was hoping to be enjoying my Overland in January:(


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community