Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Cleanest color? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cleanest-color-12989.html)

rb3wreath 09-18-2010 02:23 AM

Cleanest color?

As much as I love some of the darker colors, I guess I'm too practical. I had a dark blue truck once and it looked incredible ... as long as it was completely clean. I currently drive a white Liberty and really like it because even when it's kinda dirty, you can't really tell unless you get really close. It lasts a longer time between car washes.

Based on this, I'm having a hard time trying to decide which color to go for in the WK2. My top three choices are:

1. Stone White
2. Mineral Gray
3. Silver Metallic

Any thoughts from owners of these colors (doesn't have to be just a WK2) on which one would stay the cleanest overall?

DavidESchiller 09-18-2010 02:33 AM

Re: Cleanest color?

I owned a light silver Toyota Celica and driving it all winter long, you could barely tell it was dirty until you started to wash it. so I'm definitely casting my vote for the silver metallic.

Scottina06 09-18-2010 02:36 AM

Im gonna say all three will have their good points when it comes to showing less dirt....white will hide salt spray better, silver and mineral grey will hide dust and rain better. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the three.

tkln 09-18-2010 08:53 AM

My 06 Limited was white and almost every other car I've ever had has been silver or gray...silver is tops in my book followed closely by white. Kind of hard to tell on the mineral gray until seen in person, depends on how dark it really is.

DAVY27 09-18-2010 09:12 AM

Bright Silver IMO.

Joe in PA 09-18-2010 10:54 AM

Even though you may not be able to see the "dirt" on a lighter car as easily, rest assured it is there and doing the same damage as it will to darker vehicles. Going longer between washing & sealing/wax a Jeep isn't necessarily a good thing. Besides, no matter how clean the silver & white colors are and no matter how much effort you put into prepping the paint before sealant or wax, those lighter colors never "pop" like black, dark gray or even the reds.

Over the years I've owned Jeeps that were white, red, blue, gray, black and even rustoleum primer. Those that are clear coated (all of the WK2s I would guess) need to be properly cleaned and protected on a rather regular basis if you plan on the paint holding up for 10 or more years. ;)

2008hemi 09-18-2010 11:03 AM

gona have to say silver since you kno thats what i got but my second fav is that red like that sexy 4.7 monster

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-18-2010 11:05 AM

i hated having a white WJ. white seems to turn yellowish when it gets dirty, even worse in the winter. i would go with silver.

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-18-2010 11:40 AM

silver FTW

dubwarren 09-18-2010 01:27 PM

silver

J13ntv 09-18-2010 01:44 PM

Black... ;)

Scottina06 09-18-2010 01:51 PM

why didnt they do the platinum silver like the show WK2? That silver had ALOT more "shine" than the bright silver. Im like Joe...the silvers and whites dont seem to pop with a good detail.