Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Boston Acoustic speakers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/boston-acoustic-speakers-1299.html)

sanitarium16 07-09-2009 07:39 PM

Boston Acoustic speakers

I installed a set of BA speakers in my 07 JGC with the RAQ radio. On certain songs the dash speakers distort with bass, specifically when playing a cd. It doesnt do it with the radio. Aren't the BA's suppose to be better than the base speakers? I experienced popping with the base speakers but never distortion. The speakers are not blown.

robpp 07-09-2009 08:42 PM

Re: Boston Acoustic speakers

did you add the BA amp, or just the speakers???

sanitarium16 07-09-2009 08:49 PM

just the speakers

MacDee 07-09-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanitarium16 (Post 31021)
I installed a set of BA speakers in my 07 JGC with the RAQ radio.

Was it easy to install?

Scottina06 07-09-2009 11:04 PM

the install is gravy...

Matt 07-10-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanitarium16 (Post 31021)
I installed a set of BA speakers in my 07 JGC with the RAQ radio. On certain songs the dash speakers distort with bass, specifically when playing a cd. It doesnt do it with the radio. Aren't the BA's suppose to be better than the base speakers? I experienced popping with the base speakers but never distortion. The speakers are not blown.

What are the settings you currently use on the RAQ?

This sounds very odd to me... at first glance I would suspect a filter issue with the amplification, but if it only does it when playing CD's, then it leaves me a bit confused.

On a different note, glad to hear you got them in!! :)

White WK Swagga 07-10-2009 11:47 AM

IMO My from the factory back seat door BA speakers sound like crap. They don't handle the bass well. all sounds good from the front seat tho... But if I'm washing the truck w/ the music on and I open the back seat doors the sound is horrible.

sanitarium16 07-13-2009 07:52 PM

I dont have the BA amp so it has to be the amp in the raq. I have the radio on all even settings. Even if i turn the bass off all the way i get front dash distortion. How do i install bass filters?

Matt 07-13-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanitarium16 (Post 32879)
I dont have the BA amp so it has to be the amp in the raq. I have the radio on all even settings. Even if i turn the bass off all the way i get front dash distortion. How do i install bass filters?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.. hmmm.

Get some bass blockers, or high pass filters... they install in-line with the speaker wire. Very cheap/easy.

sanitarium16 07-13-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 32883)
It just doesn't make any sense to me.. hmmm.

Get some bass blockers, or high pass filters... they install in-line with the speaker wire. Very cheap/easy.

How do i install the blockers? The stock speakers have a clip on the speaker leads?

Matt 07-13-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanitarium16 (Post 32885)
How do i install the blockers? The stock speakers have a clip on the speaker leads?

You'd just have to splice somewhere along the run and add them in.

Lifted_up 07-14-2009 12:51 AM

To me it sounds like the problem is just the speakers being underpowered. I don't know the exact specs of the BA speakers but I'm sure they have a higher rms power than the base speakers. If you have the money, you should just get the amp too and that has a higher rms power rating output then the amp in the stereo can supply. That should fix your problem. :)

But then again....I may not know what the heck I'm talking about. haha