Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ordered Yesterday! Now the waiting begins... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ordered-yesterday-now-the-waiting-begins-12997.html)

Mattwilkins 09-18-2010 10:17 AM

Ordered Yesterday! Now the waiting begins...

I ordered my GC yesterday! I got an Overland + Hemi + Tech Package + Off Road Package. I paid $43,000, which was about $300 under Invoice, but then I had a $300 doc fee. Basically I paid invoice, I just balked at the fees so they lowered the price a bit! Mineral gray with Saddle interior...I REALLY wanted Inferno, but they can't order it with Saddle right now. He called his rep at jeep and he said that he didnt expect them to release other colors for saddle until December, so I just went ahead and ordered...Now the waiting begins.

GR33N D3M0N 09-18-2010 10:24 AM

Re: Ordered Yesterday! Now the waiting begins...

awesome!! congrats

azcats2 09-18-2010 11:06 AM

congrats. did dealer give any estimate on arrival date?

Mattwilkins 09-18-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azcats2 (Post 270253)
congrats. did dealer give any estimate on arrival date?

His guy at Jeep told him saddle won't go into production, so we hope early December. But I guess we won't know much until it's scheduled.

J13ntv 09-18-2010 11:33 AM

So the only current color with Saddle is Mineral Grey? Or just inferno is one of the few not available with saddle at the moment? Im not sure what the difference the exterior color makes for the interior set up.. Either way congrats

Just curious how much was the tech package as an add on?

yukon 09-18-2010 11:42 AM

What is in the Tech Package and cost? Also what is recommended fuel for 5.7?
Ordered mine yesterday also, must be something in the air:thumbsup:

GCOverland 09-18-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon (Post 270269)
Also what is recommended fuel for 5.7?

It used to be the Mid-Grade fuel and I guess it still is..:confused:

Sid Fields 09-18-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattwilkins (Post 270179)
I ordered my GC yesterday! I got an Overland + Hemi + Tech Package + Off Road Package. I paid $43,000, which was about $300 under Invoice, but then I had a $300 doc fee. Basically I paid invoice, I just balked at the fees so they lowered the price a bit! Mineral gray with Saddle interior...I REALLY wanted Inferno, but they can't order it with Saddle right now. He called his rep at jeep and he said that he didnt expect them to release other colors for saddle until December, so I just went ahead and ordered...Now the waiting begins.

Congratulations. Sounds like you got a fantastic Jeep at a great price.
Great minds must think alike. I want to order the same Overland with Inferno and black interior but I am waiting to see the Mineral Gray and Saddle up close.
I assume you ordered the 430N. I may hold out for the 730N. I always program my portable GPS when I am moving and I believe only the 730's new and old versions have Voice Navigation. I'm not interested in installing a lockpick so I think I will just have to wait. I would prefer the Garmin but haven't heard anything bad about the Harmon so I'll settle on the 730N when it is available.

J13ntv 09-18-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon (Post 270269)
What is in the Tech Package and cost? Also what is recommended fuel for 5.7?
Ordered mine yesterday also, must be something in the air:thumbsup:

I believe tech package is blind spot detection and adaptive cruise control. Thats going off my memory, no clue on price. Are they included in the MSRP now, maybe thats why us getting overlands at the moment happen to have a lower base msrp??

Mattwilkins 09-18-2010 12:41 PM

I really wanted the 730N, but I am just tired of waiting...As for the Tech package, it is $1295 MSRP and Invoices at $1153. I thought that was a tremendous value for all you get. I am a big fan of adaptive cruise control and Bling spot warning. Hopefully it will come in fairly soon, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sscheibn 09-18-2010 01:01 PM

Ordered Mineral Gray with Black interior Overland 6 cyl. and the only option I added was the technology package (adaptive speed control, forward collision warning and blind spot detection) for $1295 MSRP. They told me that any of those could be turned off if the noises are annoying. Dealer giving me what I paid for my 2010 Wrangler Sahara Dark Charcoal 2 Dr. freedom hardtop bought new 4 months ago (apparently they are in high demand right now) AND $1500.00 off MSRP for the new order. Not sure it is the best deal on the new one, but great on the trade:-) Did not like the too many color mixes with the saddle interior on the Overland. Black will be much cleaner. 730N could not be ordered yesterday, so it made my decision easier on the confusing Garmin vs. Harmon issue. And now my wait begins! Live in Boone, NC - the high country, so 4 X 4's are a must. Go App. State!

Scottina06 09-18-2010 01:56 PM

congrats guys....the 2011's are sick.....sick......sick