Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Need help deciding on rear DVD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/need-help-deciding-on-rear-dvd-13023.html)

dpope 09-19-2010 12:15 PM

Need help deciding on rear DVD

I currently have rear DVD in my vehicle and my wife and child want it again. It doesn't get used very often and my daughter uses her Ipod a lot more now.

My question is what kind of power sources our in the rear of the WK2? That is something I have not paid attention to when looking at them. I would like to know this so I can make a decision based on the other entertainment options my family has.

Thanks

J13ntv 09-19-2010 12:20 PM

Re: Need help deciding on rear DVD

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpope (Post 270575)
I currently have rear DVD in my vehicle and my wife and child want it again. It doesn't get used very often and my daughter uses her Ipod a lot more now.

My question is what kind of power sources our in the rear of the WK2? That is something I have not paid attention to when looking at them. I would like to know this so I can make a decision based on the other entertainment options my family has.

Thanks

I know the overland gets a 110 outlet regardless with or without DVD player, however when its dvd equipped theres hookups to get a video game system going on it as well. I believe all the models have the 110 though, maybe just not base laredo not sure though.

dpope 09-19-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 270576)
I know the overland gets a 110 outlet regardless with or without DVD player, however when its dvd equipped theres hookups to get a video game system going on it as well. I believe all the models have the 110 though, maybe just not base laredo not sure though.

Thank You! :thumbsup:
That makes it easy. No rear DVD for my Overland:D I prefer the panoramic sunroof and my family has options.

J13ntv 09-19-2010 12:33 PM

Looking on Jeep.com I confirmed all three the X, Limited and overland have the 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet, not the base Laredo as mentioned.

GCOverland 09-19-2010 01:10 PM

IMO, the factory DVD-solution wasn't very smart. Let's take the Overland. The Pano-roof ist standard. In order to get the DVD-system, you lose the pano-roof AND have to pay a $1,500 premium for that.

I can only hope they can offer a headrest- or center-console solution in the future that includes all the features (Satellite- and/or Flo-TV) the factory solution has.

I know that there are headrest and center-consoles in the making - at least according to the Mopar-brochure. What I do NOT know, however, is if these dealer-installed options can be equipped with the same features as the factory-solution (Satellite- and Flo-TV, integration into the radio-system of the vehicle). Maybe an expert can jump in on that one?:confused:

dpope 09-19-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCOverland (Post 270589)
IMO, the factory DVD-solution wasn't very smart. Let's take the Overland. The Pano-roof ist standard. In order to get the DVD-system, you lose the pano-roof AND have to pay a $1,500 premium for that.

I can only hope they can offer a headrest- or center-console solution in the future that includes all the features (Satellite- and/or Flo-TV) the factory solution has.

I know that there are headrest and center-consoles in the making - at least according to the Mopar-brochure. What I do NOT know, however, is if these dealer-installed options can be equipped with the same features as the factory-solution (Satellite- and Flo-TV, integration into the radio-system of the vehicle). Maybe an expert can jump in on that one?:confused:

I would be interested in that as well. If dealer installed headrest or console mounted and integrated into the system as you detailed I might be inclined to do that.

EmeraldOne 09-19-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpope (Post 270575)

I like this rear DVD option :lol:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-ray-...d=abcat0102008

dubwarren 09-19-2010 03:58 PM

if the kid has an ipod or iphone then get the pano sunroof. its way cooler than rear seat tv. imo. mine has rear seat tv and the small sunroof. id rather have the big sunroof......

dpope 09-19-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 270647)
if the kid has an ipod or iphone then get the pano sunroof. its way cooler than rear seat tv. imo. mine has rear seat tv and the small sunroof. id rather have the big sunroof......

that is why asked about power. I'm inclined to go with your suggestion as she has iPod touch laptop and other game devices she can plug in. Thanks as I have not seen one with the rear DVD. This will be my daily driver and the family vehicle but it us still mine:)

dubwarren 09-19-2010 05:51 PM

the power in the back is good for what you'll be using it for.

Sparro 09-19-2010 06:46 PM

The factory and dealer options are a joke!
For the same money, you can get a Rosen headrest entertainment system that works with the active headrests, the 7" screens will be in an OEM headrest and comes with all the bells and whistles.

Scottina06 09-19-2010 07:09 PM

Mopar WILL be adding a headrest DVD option soon