Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

How many gallons is a WK fuel tank again??? LOL *PICS*

12K views 50 replies 33 participants last post by  ChrisWk 
#1 ·

See less See more
#36 ·
I dont think its too much to worry about, as far as damaging your fuel lines. Thats why we have fuel filters, no? One would think that you may want to replace your fuel filter more frequently if you run close to empty often. But to be honest, when I fill up my lawnmower or snowblower from the same can I have used for years and empty it, there is no sediment or anything on the bottom. But I have never seen the inside of a cars gas tank and therefore I am not an expert on this.

#43 ·
Well gas prices here are about 3.27 a gallon. The high 2 years ago was right around that. In these parts anyhow. If I go 5 minutes south into town gas prices jump about 20 cents. The low in 2010 was something like 2.40 and the spike (which was in a matter of 2 days) was in the 3.20's. I suppose I am just thrilled about the easing of the reaming that has been occuring in the past 2 years. I know 2 years ago I was complaining. Now I am happy gas prices are under 3.50 a gallon. Desensitized perhaps...

#47 ·
Does the 05 WK have a warning bell to let you are low on fuel, yesterday I ran mine to zero miles to empty no warning them went to fill up and I put 18.2 gallons in that was it fill to the top.

#48 ·
Just hit 21 Miles to Empty on the EVIC getting to work this morning and have a 18 mile trip back home this afternoon. I will probably get the Fuel Low Warning on the EVIC getting home and I will post how much fuel I put in when I get to the Gas Station near my home.

#49 ·
So on my way to work this morning the Fuel Low warning came on and the EVIC had 0 miles to empty. Filled all the way up and it was 17.2 gallons. The spec for the fuel tank is 20.5 for my 05 WK so it seems to me there were 3.3 gallons left in the tank as reserve.

#51 ·
That the same for me. So I guess it is a safe guard. I will wait for zero to empty and then fill up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.