Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Overland Tow Package Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/overland-tow-package-question-13090.html)

jimoverland 09-21-2010 07:31 AM

Overland Tow Package Question

Hi everyone. . .I joined up today. I ordered an Overland a couple of weeks ago, and as a result of its status (D), the dealership was unable to determine the precise specs.

With respect to the tow package, are these shipping as standard equipment on the Overlands at this point? Or will this have to be a dealer installed item?

Is it even possible for this to be dealer installed since the tow packages have load leveling suspensions?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

J13ntv 09-21-2010 08:01 AM

Re: Overland Tow Package Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 271637)
Hi everyone. . .I joined up today. I ordered an Overland a couple of weeks ago, and as a result of its status (D), the dealership was unable to determine the precise specs.

With respect to the tow package, are these shipping as standard equipment on the Overlands at this point? Or will this have to be a dealer installed item?

Is it even possible for this to be dealer installed since the tow packages have load leveling suspensions?

I know its standard on the V8, not sure about the V6.. Someone who ordered a V6 will have to let us know.

Steve52 09-21-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 271637)

Tow package is standard on Overland 4 X 4 V6, not sure about 4 X 2 V6 or the Hemi package.

jimoverland 09-21-2010 08:22 AM

Thanks guys. . .mine has the Hemi.

J13ntv 09-21-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 271656)
Thanks guys. . .mine has the Hemi.

Great you should be all set. We didnt know it was standard until some figuring out a few months ago, as usually its a 500-700 dollar package, however its standard so its a great value.

jimoverland 09-21-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 271658)
Great you should be all set. We didnt know it was standard until some figuring out a few months ago, as usually its a 500-700 dollar package, however its standard so its a great value.

Agreed re: value. . .thanks for the info!

You're seeing QL on all of the newly built Overlands now too, right?

J13ntv 09-21-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 271660)
Agreed re: value. . .thanks for the info!

You're seeing QL on all of the newly built Overlands now too, right?

As far as I know, mine should be here tomorrow hopefully. Theres a few members who recently took delivery over the past few days, all with lower MSRP's and QL. Ive seen my build sheet and it has everything its supposed to so all looks good! A member on the forum Marlon is on the line building them, and he's said ever since hes been in the specific area he's at, the Overlands have had Quadra Lift as they are a different shock which he puts onto the Jeeps. I think any of the Overlands Built after July 22nd have QL and they really didnt start building overlands until the first/second week of August.

jimoverland 09-21-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 271666)
As far as I know, mine should be here tomorrow hopefully. Theres a few members who recently took delivery over the past few days, all with lower MSRP's and QL. Ive seen my build sheet and it has everything its supposed to so all looks good!

Awesome. . .good luck on tomorrow's delivery (and post pics once you have it)!

J13ntv 09-21-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 271667)
Awesome. . .good luck on tomorrow's delivery (and post pics once you have it)!

It was slated for yesterday but after me finally calling the truck company which transports the vehicles from the final rail depot to the dealers they said I would have it Wednesday. The chrysler Estimated dates in the computer are a good starting point but don't seem to dead on accurate...

Im not sure if you've seen this thread or not but Site Supporters of JG have a special section where you give the last 8 of your vin to Milous (a member) and he keeps a running tab in a thread on the latest status of your vehicle.. So the different stages it goes through and the transportation.

Check it out below:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-build-status-tracking-by-milous-for-site-supporters-11900.html

jimoverland 09-21-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 271671)
It was slated for yesterday but after me finally calling the truck company which transports the vehicles from the final rail depot to the dealers they said I would have it Wednesday. The chrysler Estimated dates in the computer are a good starting point but don't seem to dead on accurate...

Im not sure if you've seen this thread or not but Site Supporters of JG have a special section where you give the last 8 of your vin to Milous (a member) and he keeps a running tab in a thread on the latest status of your vehicle.. So the different stages it goes through and the transportation.

Check it out below:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=11900

Thanks for the link. . .this is a great forum for info :thumbsup: .

Marlon_JB2 09-21-2010 09:10 AM

ALL Overland 4x4s have Quadra Lift. 4x2s do NOT have Quadra Lift.

jimoverland 09-21-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 271685)
ALL Overland 4x4s have Quadra Lift. 4x2s do NOT have Quadra Lift.

Glad I got the 4x4! Thanks.