Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Problem w/Hands Free Phone (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/problem-w-hands-free-phone-13124.html)

FirePix1075 09-21-2010 08:31 PM

Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Love my 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo! Been driving it about 2 weeks, just passed 1100 miles.... (my 4th Jeep)

Only problem so far is that the hands-free phone has a really hard time recognizing any "names" listed in my BlackBerry (Bold 9650) phone book. When I (clearly) say a name, it winds up dialing some random 2 or 3 digit number instead. Yet for a few entries, it works just fine and dials the correct phone number.

Anyone have tips / suggestions? Thanks.

Steve52 09-21-2010 08:40 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirePix1075 (Post 272175)
Love my 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo! Been driving it about 2 weeks, just passed 1100 miles.... (my 4th Jeep)

Only problem so far is that the hands-free phone has a really hard time recognizing any "names" listed in my BlackBerry (Bold 9650) phone book. When I (clearly) say a name, it winds up dialing some random 2 or 3 digit number instead. Yet for a few entries, it works just fine and dials the correct phone number.

Anyone have tips / suggestions? Thanks.

It will help if you show what media center you have.

Jim Hef 09-22-2010 08:44 AM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirePix1075 (Post 272175)
...Anyone have tips / suggestions?....

You should also state what part of the country you are in, and if you possibly have an accent that may not be easily understood by the software.

Technosavant 09-22-2010 09:52 AM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 272427)
You should also state what part of the country you are in, and if you possibly have an accent that may not be easily understood by the software.


My brother in law is from West Virginia. It's funny as hell to see him play Brain Age on a Nintendo DS- there's a section where it shows the name of a color, but it is shown in a different color (the word "blue" might be in red print), and you have to say the color that the word is printed in.

"Ray-ed. RAY-ED. DAMMIT, RAY-ED."

That's entertainment. :D

Blackwolf 09-22-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
I have the Media Center 430 and there is a setup section that you can use to help train it to recognixze your voice better. Just hit the VC button and say help, if that doesn't work hit the button and say Tutorial, thats where I remember hearing it. I've had similar issues but not so bad that I've taken the time to do the voice training, It is on my list to do though.

Jim Hef 09-22-2010 11:23 AM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 272466)
..."Ray-ed. RAY-ED. DAMMIT, RAY-ED."

That was my point, with the "southern drawl" expressing one syllable words with many, but it works for lots of other areas also. The big fish in Boston that's known as a "shack", the fluid in Philadelphia that is known as "warter"! I would suspect a few moments with the recognition setup may help.

Lingohocken 09-22-2010 01:22 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 272528)
That was my point, with the "southern drawl" expressing one syllable words with many, but it works for lots of other areas also. The big fish in Boston that's known as a "shack", the fluid in Philadelphia that is known as "warter"! I would suspect a few moments with the recognition setup may help.

Youse don't say...

Jim Hef 09-22-2010 01:53 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Ah, NE PA? If SW PA it would be 'yuhns'! ;)

dubwarren 09-22-2010 04:58 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
ive had trouble with my iphone connecting once or twice. not more than twice. I restarted the jeep and back to normal.

Lingohocken 09-22-2010 06:24 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Hef (Post 272635)
Ah, NE PA? If SW PA it would be 'yuhns'! ;)

Yep, but "youse" still crops up every now and then in Philly and, dare it be said, occasionally from Philly expats in Bucks. And in much of Texas, it's yea-es as the opposite of no. Pity the poor programmer in Bangalore trying to make sense of all this!

abby 09-22-2010 06:57 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
1) delete the pairing from uconnect
2) delete the uconnect from your blackberry
3) Take the battery out of the blackberry. let it sit for a minute and put it back.
4)turn on blackberry

then
go through the pairing from scratch. That worked for me

abby

suprand 09-23-2010 06:59 PM

Re: Problem w/Hands Free Phone
 
Anyone have an android phone (i have an Evo 4g). I have the RHB garmin unit. The SMS text feature does not work on my phone. Cant read or send messages. Anyone else have this problem?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community