Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Confused Again! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/confused-again-13189.html)

Sid Fields 09-23-2010 07:40 PM

Confused Again!

I finally have the 430N vs 730N issue settled. Now a question about Quadra Drive II. I got the part about needing to get the Hemi. I thought you had to get the Off Road II package to get the QII but it doesn't appear that way from looking online at a Window Sticker from a hemi arriving at my dealer. Can someone one help me out?

Scottina06 09-23-2010 07:46 PM

Re: Confused Again!

you dont have to get OR2 to get qd2

ftffom 09-23-2010 07:57 PM

Quadra-Drive II is standard with the hemi on the Overland 4x4. The price is $1995.

The Limited 4x4 does not include Quadra-Drive II with the hemi. I assume that this is the primary reason for the lower cost ($1495).

Has anyone seen the brake specifications on the hemi versus V6? I believe the hemi model has heavier brakes, but I can't find any specifications.

Sid Fields 09-23-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 273165)
you dont have to get OR2 to get qd2

Thanks. Not sure why I thought you needed the Off Road Package. That is good news. Those 20" wheels look great. But no Trail rated badge:mad:

J13ntv 09-23-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Fields (Post 273219)
Thanks. Not sure why I thought you needed the Off Road Package. That is good news. Those 20" wheels look great. But no Trail rated badge:mad:

I heard of one member working a deal to get the 20's put on the Overland with the off-road package. Its through the each dealership though, not factory.

MeanDean 09-23-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Fields (Post 273219)

But...you do need the Off-road Adventure package to get the Quadra-Lift.

Just sayin'.

Sid Fields 09-24-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 273235)
I heard of one member working a deal to get the 20's put on the Overland with the off-road package. Its through the each dealership though, not factory.

I think the Quadra LIft is standard on the Overland. The Off Road adds the skid plates, tow hooks and 18" wheels. But what do I know, I thought you needed the ORII to get the Quadra lift.

Speaking of wheels. I was looking at some 18" alternatives and there is a really sweet looking jeep on the 3rd page of the Mopar Accessory book. It has black side steps, and 18" gloss black aluminum wheels. I think it is silver but with the lighting it is hard to tell and may be the gray. That would make the loss of the 20" wheels easier if I go with the ORII.

I thought I had this wrapped up and settled on the ORII now not so sure. I just want to drive in snow, beach sand and occassional rocky trail.

jimoverland 09-24-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeanDean (Post 273304)
But...you do need the Off-road Adventure package to get the Quadra-Lift.

Not true. Hemi Overland 4x4s get QL standard, I think.

Scottina06 09-24-2010 06:39 AM

the ql is standard on overland 4x4

Technosavant 09-24-2010 08:32 AM

On an Overland, the only things you'd get with ORAII would be skid plates, tow hooks, and the 18" rims over the 20" ones.

The V-6 doesn't get the QDII anyway. The Hemi gets it tossed in whether you have ORAII or not. QL is standard on the Overland.

You can bring an Overland up to ORAII easily enough without getting the package, but it's more expensive to add the plates and hooks afterwards, and the rims (needless to say) are expensive when you're buying them just as spares. I'm having the plates added, ditto the hooks once I can get them. As for the rims, if I feel the need, I may eventually just get them as a spare set.

MeanDean 09-24-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 273355)
the ql is standard on overland 4x4

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 273354)
Not true. Hemi Overland 4x4s get QL standard, I think.

Cool. Thanks for setting me straight on this one.

Scottina06 09-24-2010 11:42 AM

its not your fault....because the first in production didnt have QL....that has gotten alot of perspective buyers mixed up. But QL and 20" wheels are standard on the Overland 4x4