Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Keyless Go *If you don't want it* (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/keyless-go-if-you-dont-want-it-13193.html)

J13ntv 09-23-2010 08:39 PM

Keyless Go *If you don't want it*

I am not sure if everyone who has Keyless go wants it. I think I'll love it but today I went to the dealer while they were doing the dealer-prep on the Jeep.

Most people probably don't know, but the Keyless go button, is literally a button pushed into the old Jeep Key ignition.

Let me try to explain, the 05-10 have the fob, which you put into the dash to start the vehicle. The Keyless Go has the same type of "end" and it sits in the same type of dashboard ignition, the only difference is it goes flush.

More or less, for people who don't want keyless go, you can take the keyless go button out, it looks to pop in and out. Because when I got there, the key fob was in the ignition, not the keyless go the dealers put it in.. Then I asked and he took the keyless go button out of the glove box, and popped it in. lol

Marlon_JB2 09-24-2010 12:54 AM

Re: Keyless Go *If you don't want it*

I thought everyone knew this? :)

I enjoy starting my own dang Jeep up! I hate buttons.

Knightrider03m 09-24-2010 01:47 AM

I didn't know that until I saw the button in the glove box :lol:

I like push button starts. No keys to pull out that can be used to rub up and then scratch the paint while your closing the door. No need to fumble around trying to put the key in. Just get in, push the brake, and GO!

White WK Swagga 09-24-2010 04:46 AM

Yeah I'd rather leave the key in my pocket and just get in and press the button and go. Even for women I'd feel better if my GF,wife, sister, mother can just walk up to the car, press the button (On some makes theres a sensor behind the door handle that automatically will unlock that door or if you stand next to the car for long enough it unlocks that side automatically) and get in and go rather than look for their keys in their purse and stuff....

Technosavant 09-24-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 273339)
Yeah I'd rather leave the key in my pocket and just get in and press the button and go. Even for women I'd feel better if my GF,wife, sister, mother can just walk up to the car, press the button (On some makes theres a sensor behind the door handle that automatically will unlock that door or if you stand next to the car for long enough it unlocks that side automatically) and get in and go rather than look for their keys in their purse and stuff....

On the Overland at least, you get that sensor in the door handle. Unless you're trying to get into the cargo hatch there's no need to pull the key out of your pocket at all when walking up to a locked vehicle.

tbechtel 09-24-2010 09:15 AM

to reset some features like the oil change warning it says you need to for to go to ACC and push the gas pedal three times in a minute to reset the warning. So I assume anytime you want to go to ACC to reset the features or just listen to the radio without turning the vehicle on you will need to take out the button and insert the key to turn to ACC? My button is flush with dash, seeems like it will be a pain to take out. Is there anyway to lock the FOB in the vehicle when you exit the vehicle and forget to take the FOB with you?

Thanks

White WK Swagga 09-24-2010 09:59 AM

No for acc mode you "DON'T" press on the brake and push the button in twice. to start you have to press down on the brake. and IDK about jeep but Lexus will never lock the doors with the fob inside the car when it is in park.

GR33N D3M0N 09-24-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 273410)
On the Overland at least, you get that sensor in the door handle. Unless you're trying to get into the cargo hatch there's no need to pull the key out of your pocket at all when walking up to a locked vehicle.

marcus posted a pic with a button on the hatch, so no need to ever get the key out!!

MeanDean 09-24-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbechtel (Post 273443)
Is there anyway to lock the FOB in the vehicle when you exit the vehicle and forget to take the FOB with you?

Thanks

Nope. I tried it multiple ways and couldn't do it. The horn will sound three beeps and the doors will remain unlocked.

Okay...now that I've said that, I didn't try to leave the key in the cargo compartment and lock the doors - only the main cabin. I may have to try this one and see.

White WK Swagga 09-24-2010 11:07 AM

^^^ With lexus you can't even lock it in the trunk. LOL

Marlon_JB2 09-24-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 273410)
On the Overland at least, you get that sensor in the door handle.

lol. Standard on Laredo. You know, the cheap $30k Laredo. :p

But anywho, I don't care what you guys say. I wanna start my own Jeep up. :)

HEMInator 09-24-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbechtel (Post 273443)
to reset some features like the oil change warning it says you need to for to go to ACC and push the gas pedal three times in a minute to reset the warning. So I assume anytime you want to go to ACC to reset the features or just listen to the radio without turning the vehicle on you will need to take out the button and insert the key to turn to ACC? My button is flush with dash, seeems like it will be a pain to take out. Is there anyway to lock the FOB in the vehicle when you exit the vehicle and forget to take the FOB with you?

Thanks

I'm sure it's like my Infiniti G37. DON'T put your foot on the brake and do the following:

Press button ONCE and it will turn to ACC
Press button TWICE and it will turn to ON
Press button THREE times and it will shut off

To START, press brake and push button once.