Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Other Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/)
-   -   Cadillac Leasing Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f21/cadillac-leasing-question-1322.html)

blackpepper 07-10-2009 12:50 PM

Cadillac Leasing Question

My parent's lease is coming up on the SRX.. It's a 2007, they've had it for two years on a 12k miles a year lease and it only has 18K miles on it.

They're afraid to buy from GM in these uncertain times and not sure what to do. I told them to extend the lease one more year and wait for the 2011 Grand Cherokee but the response is "we've already had Jeeps" which is true (x5) but obviously the 4th gen. looks to be a total overhaul from the past.

What are our options? Would you go back to GM? Is there such thing as a month-to-month lease extension and what type of payment discount should we expect if/when we go to the dealership to extend the lease on the Caddy?

One more thing.. the dealership we leased from doesn't exist anymore so some other dealership will be dealing with us. I thought I would add that in... and please recommend any other crossover that looks good. Please keep in mind that my dad is debilitated, and can't easily ingress/egress into a larger vehicle.

It's a winded post and we have some ideas but I just wanted to ask my JG brothers and sisters what they though/would do.

-Ryan

Matt 07-10-2009 01:09 PM

Re: Cadillac Leasing Question

I would see if you can do a month-to-month lease, I could have sworn that was an option for my Mom after her lease contract expired.

mjl2610 07-10-2009 01:11 PM

I still think that GM is a reasonable American company despite what has happened. Within the coming months and year there is so many new products coming out that are really nice and very fuel efficient (if that's what you are looking for). MY family and I have always been happy with GM/Chrysler products as we must get lucky to get the reliable batch...? I also would not discount looking at Ford either. They have great products also and i would consider buying one since i never have before.

blackpepper 07-10-2009 01:17 PM

Thanks, Matt.. at least with a month-to-month we can watch the market and introduction of new vehicles. Did your mom end up taking that option?

GM is still a great American brand, I agree. But I saw a poll of current GM owners and only 40% of them would consider returning to the brand. There is also the new CTS wagon and the SRX is being redesigned for 2010 but its now going to be on the Equinox platform, I've looked at pics, madre likes it but I'm not a fan. I've also tried to get her into a 2009 Jeep.. but that (unfortunately) is a last-ditch effort.

White WK Swagga 07-10-2009 01:20 PM

I say extend the lease for 3,6,9 months till theyre ready for the 2011

blackpepper 07-10-2009 01:26 PM

That's what I'm thinking! A '11 with the ride height control would be perfect for my dad.....

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

But Chrysler stopped leasing??? News to me..

Matt 07-10-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPepper (Post 31442)
Thanks, Matt.. at least with a month-to-month we can watch the market and introduction of new vehicles. Did your mom end up taking that option?

No, she bought it out. The buyout was almost $5,000 below market value, so it only made sense.

Marlon_JB2 07-10-2009 01:43 PM

Chrysler hasn't leased anything since 07/31/2008. I should know, I tried to beat the deadline by trading in my Avenger for a '08 Dakota in Red of course. But I couldn't get approved by CFC. Go figure a whole 3 months later, bam.... then they decided to give me the approval.

I honestly didn't need that big ass truck anyway. It had leather, power seats, big 4.7L V8, and a whole bunch of options I didn't need or want, really. I just was in love with the redesign for '08.... that and my cousin had one and I drove it when it was new and thought cool! Beats my car....

I just drove it again, and I'm glad I went with my Jeep. That thing's too jiggly... but all trucks are like that.

Scottina06 07-10-2009 02:04 PM

try to wait out the 11'. MY 10' is only gonna be partial year and then the 11's go into production as an early intro

blackpepper 07-10-2009 02:21 PM

Do you know what month in 2010 the '11s will be in the showrooms?

Scottina06 07-10-2009 02:25 PM

no sorry...they have to retool etc.

White WK Swagga 07-10-2009 02:32 PM

yeah Chrysler does smart buy balloon finance now. I just refinanced my truck last week for 5 years to get rid of the balloon. pymts went up $150. a month. I may pay it off in a year or so with some $$$ I have stashed.