Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   V6 High Pitched Sound (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/v6-high-pitched-sound-13237.html)

Brian1f1 09-24-2010 07:08 PM

V6 High Pitched Sound

Guys:
My Jeep makes a very high pitched ear piercing sound about every 10 to 15 seconds, the sounds last five seconds or so, on or off throttle, as long as its moving this goes on.

The sound is actually not very loud, just so high pitched it drives me nuts. My father couldn't even hear it. Sounds like a hearing test... or one of those teenager repellent sounds lol

Any ideas on what it could be? I guess I have to find a dealer around here and bring it in... I hope it isn't normal.

The only other QC issue I found is the power lift gate button in the trunk. It is loose, about an inch up on one side, and the trim around it looks like it's stained with baby powder.

Otherwise so far so good.

JoeSchmoe007 09-30-2010 02:18 PM

Re: V6 High Pitched Sound

Any success with this sound?

Brian1f1 10-01-2010 02:07 PM

It's going in tomorrow morning. I am 99% sure it's linked to the AC. I just figured it out today since it's cooler. I don't have it when I hit the AC off.

I'm also going to have them fix the power liftgate trunk button.

Otherwise awesome. Averaging 21.5 mpg first 500 miles. That is better then I expected.

Brian1f1 10-04-2010 11:00 AM

Dealer claimed could not replicate sound... would not fix broken trim around liftgate button. Claimed I broke it and tacked it on with some sort of black sticky glue... Which on a brand new 40k+ car I assure you I did not. I suspect they are screwing me since I bought it elsewhere. Chrysler has a very serious dealer problem... Oh well off to the next one.

JoeSchmoe007 10-04-2010 11:04 AM

This sucks. I think you should inform Chrysler about this dealer. Keep us posted about AC sound problem

whatevrworks 10-05-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 278998)
Dealer claimed could not replicate sound... would not fix broken trim around liftgate button. Claimed I broke it and tacked it on with some sort of black sticky glue... Which on a brand new 40k+ car I assure you I did not. I suspect they are screwing me since I bought it elsewhere. Chrysler has a very serious dealer problem... Oh well off to the next one.

Find a new dealer, it costs them nothing to fix warranty stuff like this as long as they can justify it. The dealer is just trying to screw you for some money.

Brian1f1 10-11-2010 09:47 PM

Have to drive it back to original dealer. Need to replace the whole pillar the trunk button is on. They are also going to try to fix the AC squeal.

3 hour round trip..... But I made the trip originally because they were the only decent dealer I could find.

Solomon Jeep. Carmichaels PA....

whatevrworks 10-11-2010 09:52 PM

What's the deal with trunk button pillar?

dsmith14 10-23-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian1f1 (Post 283125)
Have to drive it back to original dealer. Need to replace the whole pillar the trunk button is on. They are also going to try to fix the AC squeal.

3 hour round trip..... But I made the trip originally because they were the only decent dealer I could find.

Solomon Jeep. Carmichaels PA....

I am also in Pittsburgh and I am having trouble finding a dealer to order me an Overland. May I ask about the deal Solomon Jeep gave you? I would have no problem driving that far as long as it is worth it. What dealers in Pittsburgh would you not recommend?

whatevrworks 10-27-2010 04:51 AM

Any updates on this what did they fix or not fix? And what was wrong with the trunk pillar?

krpatrick 04-26-2011 08:16 AM

I just came across this thread and would like to know if the squeal was ever diagnosed/fixed. I'm having the same problem with my WK2 and I agree that it seems to be tied to the A/C. I didn't hear the squeal back when I first bought the vehicle in February, but since it has gotten warmer and I've started running the A/C, I started noticing it.

JF_Inferno 04-26-2011 08:48 AM

Jumping on the bandwagon... I too have had the noise but have neglected to post because I didn't know how the hell to describe it. But what I'm reading above is definitely the noise I'm hearing. Any help or knowledge of the fix would be great. Tthe less the dealership techs have to think the more success I get.