Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Checking out a WK2 Laredo X (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/checking-out-a-wk2-laredo-x-13323.html)

gc4x4 09-27-2010 06:49 PM

Checking out a WK2 Laredo X

I need some advice, I'm torn on whether to keep my current WK or to trade for the new WK2, after checking one out at my dealer a couple weeks ago I left them a list of options I would like if I was to buy one, they called me today and said they have a WK2 dark charcoal Laredo X 4x4 with the options I want on order for their lot and they are going to give me a heads up before they put it out on the lot. I bought my 09 WK from them back In Dec so I hope they would work with me on a reasonable trade price and do the exact same payment financing that I have now in order to make this work and to keep me a repeat customer,If they don't give me what I want then I'm going to walk away from the deal, if it doesn't happen then It wasn't meant to be. Any other tips that can help me get the best deal possible? Thanks:thumbsup:

GlowingGhoul 09-27-2010 07:10 PM

Re: Checking out a WK2 Laredo X

Dealers don't like to show their hand if they think there's going to be a lot of back and forth negotiating. They have to hold something back in reserve.

I've made my best, stress free deals by making myself crystal clear. "If you can give me $xxx below invoice, you have a deal.". The key is letting them know that if they hit that number, there's a deal, otherwise they're going to think that if they give you that price, you'll try to take another swipe at them.

As long as you know exactly what you want, have financing lined up already, and have the invoice price, you can often just call one dealer after another until someone says yes.

vnbWK2 09-27-2010 07:19 PM

If you end up deciding to go for the WK2, the dark charcoal pearl is a great color choice. I have it and love it.

tank47 09-27-2010 07:45 PM

I would advise on not negotiating payment, but rather negotiate price.

gc4x4 09-27-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tank47 (Post 275420)
I would advise on not negotiating payment, but rather negotiate price.

oops,I meant price, I just hope they give me a good trade in deal for my 09 WK with only 12k miles, the salesman told me he'd do anything to get me into that WK2, I told him "well see". Ill keep you posted on what happens.

Knightrider03m 09-27-2010 09:13 PM

Good luck on walking out of the dealership paying the same price that your paying now. Jeep resale SUCKS! Your best bet is to sale your WK yourself to get back some of your loss.

gc4x4 09-27-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 275492)
Good luck on walking out of the dealership paying the same price that your paying now. Jeep resale SUCKS! Your best bet is to sale your WK yourself to get back some of your loss.

This is why im laying my terms down to them at the start so they wont waste my time, I wont be upset if I don't get the WK2, I just thought it would be worth it to see if they will give me what I want, and ill be shocked if they do...