Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Valet parking (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/valet-parking-13348.html)

vnbWK2 09-28-2010 07:40 AM

Valet parking
 
Just had a thought. My wife and I will be taking my Jeep to an event in a few weeks which only has valet parking. Do valet parking attendents know how to start these Jeeps? Would I need to explain how to start it?

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 07:43 AM

Re: Valet parking
 
I think by now people who deal with cars daily would know how the push button thing is. Or at least we hope so. LOL

Especially that all the new Altimas, Murano's, and Maximas have them.

Escape 09-28-2010 09:25 AM

Re: Valet parking
 
I would take another vehicle. Not because of the "knowing how to start it" issue, but because I would not trust a complete stranger with my Jeep.

DavidB 09-28-2010 09:30 AM

Re: Valet parking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 275793)
I would take another vehicle. Not because of the "knowing how to start it" issue, but because I would not trust a complete stranger with my Jeep.

Dont you just love that part in Ferris Buellers day off. I laugh everytime.

Escape 09-28-2010 09:46 AM

Re: Valet parking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidB (Post 275795)
Dont you just love that part in Ferris Buellers day off. I laugh everytime.

http://www.vitalstatistics.info/uplo...%20bueller.jpg

That poor Ferrari! :eek: Someone would be taking a dirt nap after that one...

Marlon_JB2 09-28-2010 02:16 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
Look at it this way

Not only do I build Jeeps.

I'm also a part time valet dude.

I GET SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE WITH PUSH BUTTON START VEHICLES ASKING ME IF WE KNOW HOW TO START THEIR VEHICLE. I WANT TO TELL EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM THAT I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY NOR DID I START WORKING HERE YESTERDAY AND YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT THE FIRST PUSH-BUTTON START VEHICLE TO PULL UP HERE AND IT DANG SURE WON'T BE THE LAST.

Does that answer your question? :)

DISCLAIMER: This post was supposed to be purely for entertainment purposes. I do apologize if any offense was taken.

joemcd 09-28-2010 02:28 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
I too do some valet work, and while your at it, i'd like to add that I know to put your Saab in reverse to get the key, I know your prius is running even though it sounds like its off, and I know about your bmw's over complicated shifter! Back to the question though, I think I read you can pop out the button and use the fob like a regular key, so if they seem inept then that may be the least complicated option.

Steve52 09-28-2010 02:45 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 276004)
Look at it this way

Not only do I build Jeeps.

I'm also a part time valet dude.

I GET SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE WITH PUSH BUTTON START VEHICLES ASKING ME IF WE KNOW HOW TO START THEIR VEHICLE. I WANT TO TELL EACH AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM THAT I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAY NOR DID I START WORKING HERE YESTERDAY AND YOUR VEHICLE IS NOT THE FIRST PUSH-BUTTON START VEHICLE TO PULL UP HERE AND IT DANG SURE WON'T BE THE LAST.

Does that answer your question? :)

DISCLAIMER: This post was supposed to be purely for entertainment purposes. I do apologize if any offense was taken.

Since you obviously have a lot of knowledge about valet parking I will ask you. My current jeep has a valet key which I can give to the valet and I don't have to give him my regular key that has my house keys and other keys on it. What are we supposed to do with the 2011's just hand them the wireless key FOB with our other keys attached? Or maybe people don't attach any other keys to the FOB, I don't know. Just curious what other people are doing, and how they are handling the issue?

GR33N D3M0N 09-28-2010 02:48 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
u might be able to give them just the fob...im sure u can take the physical key thats there off(yes, most cars with push button starts have a physical key hidden in the FOB...)

J13ntv 09-28-2010 02:56 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 276030)
u might be able to give them just the fob...im sure u can take the physical key thats there off(yes, most cars with push button starts have a physical key hidden in the FOB...)

Yes, Steve just unlock (the little tab which slides left/right) the physical key (which you use for the glove box) and all your keys will be attached to the physical key, while you hand the FOB to whoever.

Steve52 09-28-2010 03:16 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 276040)
Yes, Steve just unlock (the little tab which slides left/right) the physical key (which you use for the glove box) and all your keys will be attached to the physical key, while you hand the FOB to whoever.

Thanks! Good to know.
BTW my dealer just called to say my new Overland arrived at the dealership this afternoon, and I can pick it up tomorrow.

Bob WK2 09-28-2010 09:34 PM

Re: Valet parking
 
How long ago was your order placed? Just want to get an idea on how long factory orders are currently taking.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community