Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS* (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/shorty-bolt-broke-off-so-what-now-pics-13358.html)

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 10:51 AM

Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
So I got my new shorty and when I went to remove the old one, SNAP!!!

the bolt is still stuck inside but it's all rusted.

http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/6574cc27.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/9b612a88.jpg
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/u...8/cb656160.jpg

SRTILL8 09-28-2010 10:54 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
daym nate dogg!!

gonna be a tough one. my brain hurts thinking of what to do..

lol- if u need help or tools for it, lmk

gl

DAVY27 09-28-2010 11:02 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
hmm....is there enough of the bolt to clamp a plier and twist?

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 11:04 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
There's a little bit there but it's so rusted in there...

GR33N D3M0N 09-28-2010 11:11 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
take it to a body shop, have them remove the antenna mount, fill and paint :D then send moe the antenna :D

Shadohc 09-28-2010 11:12 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
You might be able to drill out the center and than try a bolt extractor

JTK1130 09-28-2010 11:14 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
lol .. sorry man... this is the exact same problem i had with my shorty... I warned people on the last thread about these shorty antennas... See if you can get a pair of channel locks around whats left of that....and spray some liquid wrench on there before you try turning....

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 11:18 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadohc (Post 275861)
You might be able to drill out the center and than try a bolt extractor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gossamer (Post 275862)
lol .. sorry man... this is the exact same problem i had with my shorty... I warned people on the last thread about these shorty antennas... See if you can get a pair of channel locks around whats left of that....and spray some liquid wrench on there before you try turning....

Yeah I'll try both of these. I actually have a stripped screw/bolt extractor kit. That's what fell out of my pocket at the meet when everyone got quiet like it was a crack pipe that fell. LMFAO

Thanks fellas.

SRTILL8 09-28-2010 11:18 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
use vise grips for the lil nub hanging out. but spray some LW^^ or WD40 around that sucker. let it sit for a while, preferable a couple hours so it can get into it fully.

then make sure its tight as hell (vise grip) and start to tun it out. if that doesnt work then you have to drill that sucker. make sure before you drill it that the broken off bit of the bolt is completely flat before you start to extract it.

somehting else will pop in my head later on, im hungry for lunch now. lol

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 11:19 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 275859)
take it to a body shop, have them remove the antenna mount, fill and paint :D then send moe the antenna :D

I was thinking about that too...

White WK Swagga 09-28-2010 11:20 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTILLA (Post 275868)
use vise grips for the lil nub hanging out. but spray some LW^^ or WD40 around that sucker. let it sit for a while, preferable a couple hours so it can get into it fully.

then make sure its tight as hell (vise grip) and start to tun it out. if that doesnt work then you have to drill that sucker. make sure before you drill it that the broken off bit of the bolt is completely flat before you start to extract it.

somehting else will pop in my head later on, im hungry for lunch now. lol

K thanks. I'll spray some WD40 on them now. LOL

SRTILL8 09-28-2010 11:21 AM

Re: Shorty bolt broke off, So what now??? *PICS*
 
protect your paint though. be clean not messy about it bro.

its raining out- makes it worse. gl bro


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community