Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Do we need WK2 sub-forums? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/do-we-need-wk2-sub-forums-13364.html)

JoeSchmoe007 09-28-2010 12:26 PM

Do we need WK2 sub-forums?

In my opinion - no, we don't. Because

1) Forum traffic is not that high

2) Now I need to check 4 forums instead of 1

robpp 09-28-2010 01:16 PM

Re: Do we need WK2 sub-forums?

Hi Joe,

Great Poll. it will be fun to see what the members think...

One point: the owners of JG look at REAL DATA about page visits, hits, new visitors, etc from our analytic software. that will be used to DECIDE if we make sub-forums and such.

JoeSchmoe007 09-28-2010 01:24 PM

Your are the Boss... but we are the customers... gotta give customers what they WANT... :D

moosehead 09-28-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 275954)
....gotta give customers what they WANT... :D

In that case I'll take an '11 Overland, Hemi, Silver/Black, QDII, TowIV, Big Roof, with adds: 18" Black Jeep/Mopar wheelset with 32ish BFG's, hooks and skids, ski/bike racks. Fully baked TSB solves. Invoice on the buy, plus decent trade in value.

Preferably by sometime late day, today. Please.

robpp 09-28-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 275954)
Your are the Boss... but we are the customers... gotta give customers what they WANT... :D

Of course Joe. I guess my point was the software will show us the trends of where people are going and in what volumes. And IMO that data should agree with your poll data by showing what epople want...and need. If one thread got 100 new entries aday it might make sense to put that 100 in some sort of order cause my bet is no one wants to read a 100. so by having it split up logically, members find what they want quicker. anyway, carry on.

I was surprised by the early results, i will say that.

Frankie 09-28-2010 02:03 PM

WOW - I, too, am surprised by the results!

The subs were made to make things easier to find, cleaner and more organized...Do you guys not find it to be doing this?

JoeSchmoe007 09-28-2010 02:11 PM

I bet 3 votes for sub-forums were co-owners only :D; you guys should not be allowed to vote

robpp 09-28-2010 02:25 PM

i refrained Joe just for that reason :lol: i should have said so above.

when i looked and posted it was 10-1 against sub forums.

now its 10-3. Elvis and/or Frankie??????? LOL

tkln 09-28-2010 02:42 PM

I find it hard to tell whether or not I've read things in the sub-forums...kind of annoying to have to click on it only to see there are no new posts. I found it easier when it was all under one header...I guess maybe eventually it could get too crazy when everyone has their WK2s and there are a zillion posts. :D

J13ntv 09-28-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 276022)
I find it hard to tell whether or not I've read things in the sub-forums...kind of annoying to have to click on it only to see there are no new posts. I found it easier when it was all under one header...I guess maybe eventually it could get too crazy when everyone has their WK2s and there are a zillion posts. :D

You do know when you haven't entered a thread yet and there are new posts in a thread the title is BOLD? right.. lol

tkln 09-28-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 276028)
You do know when you haven't entered a thread yet and there are new posts in a thread the title is BOLD? right.. lol

Yeah, but it doesn't show up like that on the main window for the sub forums until you click on them...I've been checking the date/time to see if it's a new post so I don't have to go into each sub forum.

J13ntv 09-28-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 276044)
Yeah, but it doesn't show up like that on the main window for the sub forums until you click on them...I've been checking the date/time to see if it's a new post so I don't have to go into each sub forum.

Gotcha, I know what you mean