Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Throttle response. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/throttle-response-13375.html)

ILSMKU 09-28-2010 04:43 PM

Throttle response.

Hey all,

Does anyone know how to reprogram the throttle response on the 2011 GC w/ hemi? Mine feels SO SO slow out of the hole. If I rev the engine in park it takes FOREVER to climb up the RPM's!

I am aware its electronic throttle, but so is my other car and its not nearly as slow as my new jeep.

Thanks!

AIR_RAM 09-28-2010 11:08 PM

Re: Throttle response.

LOL.... even my wife mentioned how lethargic it is out of the hole.... Much of it is tuning but a good reason its sluggish is because it has a 2.19 overall gear ratio... Gears are a must on our 2011 Jeeps!

Other then that, just wait for the programing support from Superchips.

NICK

Jeff_Jeske 09-29-2010 12:08 AM

I'm still in the dark on gearing.... the engineers chat spewed this:

The axle ratio on all V6 applications is 3.07:1 and V8 3.45:1. With the higher torque/HP on the V6 coupled with the A580, we utilize the 3:07 ratio to maximize FE. This ratio is independent of off-road package.

ILSMKU 09-29-2010 12:10 PM

That sucks. Having to buy a programmer to fix something this slow is a joke! There must be another way? Does anyone know if Mopar will come out with any ECU replacements? My brother in law had a big ram truck with a hemi and he said (at the time) mopar had a performance ECU?

Also... I heard there is a way to reprogram the throttle response. Probably is... how do I do it? I think it has something to do with your car being in the "on" position, but not running, doing something with the pedal and then turning the car off, then start it up and drive it like you stole it. But the exact steps I dont know. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Red G8R 09-29-2010 06:46 PM

My experience has been the opposite. I've been driving a 4.7L HO GC for the past 8 years and feel my new WK2 5.7L is more responsive.

dubwarren 09-29-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILSMKU (Post 276640)
That sucks. Having to buy a programmer to fix something this slow is a joke! There must be another way? Does anyone know if Mopar will come out with any ECU replacements? My brother in law had a big ram truck with a hemi and he said (at the time) mopar had a performance ECU?

Also... I heard there is a way to reprogram the throttle response. Probably is... how do I do it? I think it has something to do with your car being in the "on" position, but not running, doing something with the pedal and then turning the car off, then start it up and drive it like you stole it. But the exact steps I dont know. Anyone know?

Thanks!

theres another thread on here describing how you do it. pm wkswagger. he posted the thread with step by step directions, although you pretty much named the steps in your post, im not sure if you are exactly right.