Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Remote Power Window FOB Function (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/remote-power-window-fob-function-13387.html)

STIX 09-28-2010 08:02 PM

Remote Power Window FOB Function

is awesome.

This Jeep continues to impress me!

J13ntv 09-28-2010 08:34 PM

Re: Remote Power Window FOB Function

i read somewhere on the form you can hit something and the windows roll down a little. How do you actually do it? lol

Robert Palmer 09-28-2010 08:35 PM

Press the unlock button twice, but during the second press, hold it down. The front windows will then roll down.

Djeazie 09-28-2010 08:37 PM

They will stop going down when you let off the button if you dont want them all the way down. Neat feature!

J13ntv 09-28-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 276306)
Press the unlock button twice, but during the second press, hold it down. The front windows will then roll down.

Nice, so what dumbo didn't put the, "press lock then hold lock to get them to go back up?? I had to go out, put it to ACC and put them back uP!!!

Tyrant_246 09-29-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J13ntv (Post 276322)
Nice, so what dumbo didn't put the, "press lock then hold lock to get them to go back up?? I had to go out, put it to ACC and put them back uP!!!

lol my thought exactly.. "i was like hey cool feature".. then i discover that i had to go to the car to roll them back up hahaha.

jimoverland 09-29-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant_246 (Post 276448)
lol my thought exactly.. "i was like hey cool feature".. then i discover that i had to go to the car to roll them back up hahaha.

Well, I think the feature is intended to help cool the interior of the car before you get into it, so. . .

STIX 09-29-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrant_246 (Post 276448)
lol my thought exactly.. "i was like hey cool feature".. Then i discover that i had to go to the car to roll them back up hahaha.

x2 lol

vnbWK2 09-29-2010 12:35 PM

Tried this feature this morning...pretty cool.

HEMInator 09-29-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STIX (Post 276627)
x2 lol

Modifying it can be done to make them go up but I'd have to search the Ram forums to see the steps involved. The reason they don't come from the factory like that is because of some safety issue even though it sounds silly. As previously stated though, it's intended to help cool your Jeep quicker before you get in after enabling remote start...definitely a nice feature! I have it on my Ram and use it all the time (unless of course it's raining!).

dubwarren 09-29-2010 05:56 PM

i never knew that....very cool.....

STIX 09-29-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEMInator (Post 276659)
Modifying it can be done to make them go up but I'd have to search the Ram forums to see the steps involved. The reason they don't come from the factory like that is because of some safety issue even though it sounds silly. As previously stated though, it's intended to help cool your Jeep quicker before you get in after enabling remote start...definitely a nice feature! I have it on my Ram and use it all the time (unless of course it's raining!).

If you could find that, it would be cool to know. I alway crack my windows to keep the interior heat down, so i would be great to know so I don't have to creep out in my PJs to close the windows in the evening.