Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Ventilated Seats

6K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  mjw930 
#1 ·
I have the ventilated seat option on my overland. I dont know if im just used to it or what..but am interested to see your experience with the pressure or amount of air that comes through the seats. I feel like sometimes the pressure is noticable and at times not as noticable (even though it feels on). Thoughts?

#3 ·
It probably depends on the temperature of the air and the clothing you're wearing. Thin summer clothes and cold A/C = you really notice. Jeans, a knit shirt with undershirt and ambient air = not so much. Either way, the air circulation does help with the back sweats on hot days.

#5 ·
I agree. I believe it has a lot to do with your clothing. I noticed this myself.

#13 ·
Only in Brooklyn could you get away with that on your new seats! :p Besides, can you imagine Bozer's naked ass running on the beads? Talk about perversions! :lol:
I'm not gonna touch that one.

So Schmoe, u really going to cover up the upgraded, perforated, ventilated, real coriinthian leather with a towel and the cabbie beads?

It's one thing to cover a cab's naugahyde interior with those things to avoid swamp butt, but me thinks you have one too many scratches on your rear bumper.

#19 · (Edited)
Wondering if the amount of cool air is somehow tied to the A/C? Tried them today, was a rather warm day & the air in the cabin was rather hot. Decided to crack the windows and leave the A/C off and put on the ventilated seats, and hardly noticed anything.

#20 · (Edited)
Understandable since it's only moving the hot air already in the cabin. Understand too that it "draws" air out, it doesn't blow air onto you.

Basically the seats suck :p

I used them a lot on our 2500 mile trip a couple weeks ago and you only really feel it when you are sweating. What they really do well is keep you from getting hot. I never once felt like I was sticking to the leather, even after hours in the seat in pretty humid weather and a lot of direct sunlight coming it.

#21 ·
Yeah, after posting this I realized it was a pretty stupid question. Obviously, the seats are only "ventilating" the air that's already in the cabin. If that air's hot, they'd simply be moving the hot air around you (whether blowing or sucking ha ha).

I did have the A/C on pretty strong the time I tried them before this, and noticed quite a bit of cool air moving around my butt and back.

Was just afraid maybe something broke lol.

#22 ·
I don't like this "ventilated" seats in WK2. First of all it should have sucked the air instead of blowing it out. Second of all, it's way too noisy. Try other ventilated seats and they're very smoothly operating.

#25 ·
The guy who posted before, said they do "suck", not "blow".
That was me and I was passing info I had heard along. I did some research and it seems they don't "suck", they "blow". Sorry for the confusion.

From the owners manual:

On some models, both the driver and passenger seats are
ventilated. Located in the seat cushion and seatback are
small fans that draw the air from the passenger compartment
and blow air through fine perforations in the seat
cover to help keep the driver and front passenger cooler
in higher ambient temperatures.

#23 ·
The guy who posted before, said they do "suck", not "blow".

#28 ·
I knew I heard that somewhere, that was where. I guess the printed manual isn't as "descriptive" and simply used the word "blow" instead of the paragraph description in the video. :D

As for the OP, yes, it's using ambient air and not tied into the HVAC system.

#27 · (Edited)
Whatever. In any event, I just wanted to confirm that the "temperature" that they suck or blow at, is not actually controlled by the A/C per se, but rather the same as the ambient temperature in the cabin, correct? So if the air in the cabin is warm, they'd be less noticeable, vs. the cabin air being cold as a result of the A/C being turned on, making the air the ventilated seats are blowing, bin cool?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.