Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Hemi on restriction? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/hemi-on-restriction-13434.html)

dmlovela 09-29-2010 06:43 PM

Hemi on restriction?

Ordered an Overland Hemi 9/20, but 25P Preferred Package (Hemi) was listed to be on restriction. Called dealer today who said it is still on restriction. Anybody else dealing with this?

Technosavant 09-29-2010 06:58 PM

Re: Hemi on restriction?

Weird. If anything, the general trend has been the opposite- from the get-go the V-6 was in shorter supply.

Skip Lincoln 09-29-2010 07:37 PM

Yes, I've also heard that V6s are no where to be had but the Hemi is readily available. The Hemi is not new by any means and is a standard production engine for many Chrysler products so I'd be surprised if that was the case.

OTOH, I would not be surprised if Overlands were on restriction -- they've been very slow to appear at dealers and I still don't have mine which was ordered on June 21st!

Skip

jonesark 09-29-2010 07:39 PM

Ordered mine on the 21st and was told the same thing. I hate to hear they are still restricted.

RMac 09-29-2010 08:33 PM

It's not the V8 that's currently on restriction, it's all Overland 4x4s. No idea for how long, or the reason why.

Lingohocken 09-29-2010 09:54 PM

Presumably something is acting up that's unique to the Overland. Peeling leather dash, perhaps?

jonesark 09-29-2010 10:45 PM

I called jeep (not the dealer) and they said as far as they know there are currently no restrictions on the 2011 GC???

Anybody got some inside info on the deal......

moosehead 09-29-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 276986)
Presumably something is acting up that's unique to the Overland. Peeling leather dash, perhaps?

Several area dealers here are saying it's the QL supplier challenges struggling to keep up since QL became standard equipment on the Overlands.

jonesark 09-29-2010 11:07 PM

I wish they would get this stuff under control.....I'm ready to see my baby!!!

Red G8R 09-29-2010 11:51 PM

I was so fortunate to get one off the lot with all what I wanted...no ordering and waiting as is usually the case here in Canada.
I also thought that US dealers generally carried such huge stocks that most buyers were able to get what they wanted from the lot.

bozer 09-30-2010 06:26 AM

I just ordered a new one yesterday. At least that is what the dealer said. I put down $500. Blackberry, V8, saddle interior....

I feel very uneasy about the whole process though. I didn't really get to choose options other then the color, because the dealer doesn't know anything. Its OK with me because all I wanted was that anyway. He said it will take probably 2 months to get it, and in three weeks to call them and they'll get me the VIN. Just worried because now I read this thread.

EmeraldOne 09-30-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 277000)
Several area dealers here are saying it's the QL supplier challenges struggling to keep up since QL became standard equipment on the Overlands.

If this is true, that's no big deal and kind of a good problem to have.

However, if this is true, then Jeep/Chrysler customer communication/care/service complete sucks because they don't bother to just communicate it to those who have ordered a vehicle.