Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I got mine! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-got-mine-13446.html)

tkln 09-30-2010 07:42 AM

I got mine!

Ever since April of 09 this has been the car I have impatiently been waiting for. Finally picked it up last night...it's a lease, so I guess technically it's not mine, but whatever. I get to use it for the next three years. :D

Would've loved a Limited or an Overland, but budget and my impatience forced the card...Silver Laredo X with Hemi, black interior...pics to come once the monsoon here in NY is over.

First impressions: :D

Note to self: learn how the freaking wipers turn on before driving away in torrential downpour. :D

White WK Swagga 09-30-2010 07:44 AM

Re: I got mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 277068)
Ever since April of 09 this has been the car I have impatiently been waiting for. Finally picked it up last night...it's a lease, so I guess technically it's not mine, but whatever. I get to use it for the next three years. :D

Would've loved a Limited or an Overland, but budget and my impatience forced the card...Silver Laredo X with Hemi, black interior...pics to come once the monsoon here in NY is over.

Note to self:
learn how the freaking wipers turn on before driving away in torrential downpour. :D

LMFAO Congrats!!! Good luck with her!!! I swear you guys are going to make me test drive a WK2 and you know what's going to happen after that.... LOL

Technosavant 09-30-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Note to self: learn how the freaking wipers turn on before driving away in torrential downpour. :D

I always try to make sure I can operate the headlights and the wipers before taking a car on the road. I remember one night I saw a woman in a new Lexus RX driving in the dark without lights. When informed, she said "I don't know how to turn them on!" That's kinda pathetic. Wipers aren't as bad, but still...

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 277069)
[/B]

LMFAO Congrats!!! Good luck with her!!! I swear you guys are going to make me test drive a WK2 and you know what's going to happen after that.... LOL

Come to the dark side. Down here everything floats. :p

vnbWK2 09-30-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Congrats on the new WK2. I picked mine up last week. I got the Laredo with the V6 and convenience package in Dark Charcoal Pearl. Mine is a lease as well 3 years 36k miles...budget. Do you mind me asking how much you are paying monthly for your lease and how much down payment you gave? I'm paying $390.00 per month and I put down the amount they gave me for my 1998 Grand Cherokee which was $2,000. Sticker price was $35,490. I paid no tax.

tkln 09-30-2010 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 277069)
[/B]

DOOOO ITTTTT. You won't regret it!!!!

tkln 09-30-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 277070)
I always try to make sure I can operate the headlights and the wipers before taking a car on the road. I remember one night I saw a woman in a new Lexus RX driving in the dark without lights. When informed, she said "I don't know how to turn them on!" That's kinda pathetic. Wipers aren't as bad, but still...

Yeah, I felt like a total idiot...I mean, I know where it was, and I knew what I had to do, but it was one of those moments where the rain came from nowhere, it was dark and I started stumbling - &%*$*$ wipers!!! lol.

tkln 09-30-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 277073)
Congrats on the new WK2. I picked mine up last week. I got the Laredo with the V6 and convenience package in Dark Charcoal Pearl. Mine is a lease as well 3 years 36k miles...budget. Do you mind me asking how much you are paying monthly for your lease and how much down payment you gave? I'm paying $390.00 per month and I put down the amount they gave me for my 1998 Grand Cherokee which was $2,000. Sticker price was $35,490. I paid no tax.

No problemo...lucky you with no tax!! I did 3/36 as well...sticker was $39,685...got it for invoice which was around $37 something, I can't remember right now...put up $3K, and monthly is $499. I'm sure tomorrow the numbers will drop and I will curse myself, but whatever. :rolleyes:

White WK Swagga 09-30-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkln (Post 277077)
DOOOO ITTTTT. You won't regret it!!!!

I want to but I have 33 more payments and mine is paid off. If I trade in I'll be starting all over again. :( And I want to see what the SRT's look like and if they paint the moldings more on the 2012,2013 models....

tkln 09-30-2010 08:42 AM

I can understand that...I've just come to the realization that I will always have a car payment, lol. When the dealer told me last night I have 35 more payment left, I thought to myself 'gee thanks for the buzz kill'!!

White WK Swagga 09-30-2010 09:08 AM

LOL Yeah I've had a car payment since I was 19. so that's the last 13 years of my life I've been making car payments. LOL

DJ BoNiOmArIo 09-30-2010 10:28 AM

congratulations

Junior 09-30-2010 11:05 AM

Congrats !

I'm looking forward to your pics !

:thumbsup: